Working on behalf of my client I'm actively recruiting for a Machine Operator based in Derry City Area.
Machine Operator - Derry City Area
Ideal candidate will have previous machine operating experience working in an FMCG Environment.
- Responsible for working closely with the Production Management Team.
- Responsible for and has the ability to run machine at optimum efficiency on every job based on agreed KPIs/targets; emphasis on run speeds, set times and downtime.
- Responsible for accurate recording of information within computer and on worksheet in accordance with every job run.
- Responsible for carrying out continuous quality assurance checks whilst all jobs are running in order to ensure product is manufactured to customer specification.
- Ensure that correct sheet/board is available and used according to customer specification/worksheet.
- Ensure full understanding of pantone/colour matching system, carrying out visual check and using colour matching and pantone books to identify correct colour has been produced for all products; understanding that the green tick might not ensure pantone/colour quality is correct therefore raising quality issue when identified.
- Responsible for training other operatives on various job requirements, including but not limited to, how to set jobs, record information on computer system and worksheets, how to read worksheets (identify palletising information and counts).
- Assist Shift Supervisor is managing coverage during absence and holiday periods within your team, ensuring that manning levels are adhered to at all times.
- Responsible for working closely with maintenance engineers ensuring that daily/weekly/monthly applicable preventative maintenance procedures are being carried out by machine team.
- Maintain housekeeping standards throughout the site to ensure a clean and safe workplace.
- Ensure extra hours are scheduled and worked if and when required.
- Any other reasonable work requests made by Senior Management.
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods Experience desirable
- Ability to interpret instructions accurately and with little reiteration.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to utilise problem solving and trouble shooting skills to identify root cause of arising issues, taking fast and effective action in order to resolve the problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in high pressure, target driven environment with the flexibility to meet everchanging priorities.
- Ability to work closely with other Shift Supervisors, maintenance engineers and members of the Senior Management Team to ensure that Company standards are maintained throughout the various shift patterns.
To apply for this role please submit your CV and a member of the Staffline Team will be in contact with those shortlisted.