Genesis Bakery has been manufacturing artisanal, high quality baked goods since 1968. The annual turnover is in excess of £20m with a workforce of over 200. Our products are sold in more than 700 stores across Northern Ireland and we also produce a range of bread and cakes for many of the UK's largest and most prestigious retailers including Marks & Spencer and Waitrose.
We are an expanding established company supplying product across the UK and Ireland seeking to recruit a Maintenance Electrician to effectively ensure the electrical operations, standards and controls are maintained in our Bakery.
You Report To:
Key Responsibilities: -
To provide effective maintenance on food manufacturing machines, carry out regular checks of the complete site, equipment and manufacturing machinery.
- Clear understanding and awareness of legislative, health and safety and environmental requirements to ensure safe working practices are followed.
- Effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units.
- Perform preventative maintenance as per established standards and plans as well as layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures based on job specifications.
· Liaise with production teams to maximise company performance by ensuring all machinery is working to capacity.
- Deliver quality improvement, cost reduction and work with the wider maintenance team to drive change from a reactive culture to a proactive culture.
- Manage key external relationships with contractors, etc
- Able to read, interpret and follow engineering drawings, instructions and software.
- Maintain accurate site records/documentation in association with all site works.
- Attend site emergencies, outside of normal working hours.
- Carry out tasks within typical factory environment and at high level, working from platforms and ladders. All Access and PPE will be provided.
- Keep and maintain all company issued tools in a safe and serviceable manner to comply with Health and Safety legislation and company insurance.
- Machine modifications.
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance.
- Respond to breakdowns quickly and efficiently.
- You must take care of your own health and safety and that of people who may be affected by what you do (or do not do).
- Complete any other associated task requested by the Management.
- This job description sets out the main duties of the post at the date when it was completed. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
You will consistently adopt a professional and confidential approach to your work when dealing with internal and external stakeholders. You will be self-motivated and an excellent communicator at all levels of the business.
You must be a team player who demonstrates a high level of commitment, adopts a flexible, positive, and proactive approach, and able to demonstrate tenacity, and assume accountability for your work.
You must have the ability to work unsupervised with good time management skills in order to meet tight deadlines, have the confidence to challenge information and ensure attention to detail at all times in a fast paced, pressurised and challenging environment.
Skills and Knowledge
- 2+years experience working within a factory based environment in a similar role
- Mechanical aptitude
- Electrical control panel experience
- Effective organisational skills with the ability to challenge existing systems and effectively implement change
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the business
- IT Skills to include Microsoft Office
- C&G or NVQ L3 Diploma in Electrical discipline or equivalent or Time Served Electrician or equivalent training
- Resides geographically near to job site and available for call out
- Driving licence
- Flexible approach to working hours. This will require work at weekends and evenings.