Staffline are working in partnership with a leading property developer in the North West. I am recruiting for a Maintenance Assistant to join a well established team.
The Property Maintenance Assistant will undertake the general maintenance, repair works, security and upkeep of the Company's residential property portfolio, and commercial property as required.
Post holders will be multi-skilled in residential property maintenance & repairs with experience of carpentry, painting, decorating, basic plumbing & electrical works to provide a high-quality maintenance and repair service on a planned and reactive basis.
The Maintenance Assistant will be able to assess tasks and organise specialist trades to complete where necessary.
- Identifying and meeting the needs of maintenance properties
- Responding to calls and work schedules coordinated by the Maintenance Officer
- Ensuring frequent communication with office on work schedules
- Ensuring polite and professional communication with residents
- Basic repairs as required in properties, to include basic plumbing, electrics, joinery, tiling, flooring, painting
- Small electrical work, dealing with damaged sockets and switches, making safe any damage to sites electrical system until electrical contractor can repair.
- Plastering work such as repairing cracked or broken plaster. Making good damaged door frames, walls, putting up shelving or similar fittings.
- Repair leaking pipes and simple installation work, such as plumbing in a new tap, or replacing a washer.
- Domestic appliance repairs (e.g., washing machine handles/seals)
- Carry out repairs on minor problems, such as light fixtures, clogged toilets, leakages, peeling wall and furniture
- Make provision for replacement of old and damaged appliances
- Installation of new appliances and hardware
- Equipment and maintenance inspections, including routine checks on alarms, fire alarms and emergency lighting
- General upkeep and grounds/outdoor maintenance as required
- Supervise scheduled cleaning of properties
- Record keeping of all repairs, maintenance and installations
- Working collaboratively with other departments and teams to complete jobs
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with contractors, vendors, and contractors
- Assist with training for new maintenance workers
- Escalation of jobs which may need to be outsourced
- Assist with sourcing external contractors/specialists as necessary, sourcing quotes and……
- Sourcing and ordering essential supplies and materials
- Ensure safe and secure premises, safeguarding key control and access to authorised persons only
- Ensure a clean, tidy, and safe workspace in all environments
- Ensure compliance with all H&S requirements, flagging issues, concerns or hazards as necessary
- Ensure compliance with all relevant risk assessments and safe systems of work
- Potential call outs to be attended to out of office hours (in an emergency situation)
- Minimum of 3 years' relevant experience in a multi-trade or general maintenance role, ideally within residential property
- Proven ability to carry out a variety of maintenance (joinery, plumbing, electrical, decorating, groundwork) and repair work to a professional standard
- Working knowledge of all H&S, legislation and regulation requirements
- A relevant maintenance qualification (building, joinery, health and safety, etc.) will be advantageous
- Full UK clean driving licence
- Basic IT skills for managing work schedules.
This role will be subject to 2 references and enhanced DBS checks.
If you would like to discuss this role confidentially please contact Grace at Staffline on 028 2564 2699 or email email@example.com