|Salary||£39436 - £41644 per annum|
|Published||about 1 year ago|
|Contact email||Ciara McDermott|
The Client: Linamar manufactures and supplies products to the automotive and industrial markets. They currently employ around 520 people supporting the production of cylinder heads for Fords, Peugeot and GLR.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follow the work instructions relevant to the area being worked in.
- Respond quickly to breakdown situations when applicable.
- Carry out planned maintenance as directed by your line manager.
- Liaise on an on-going basis with Supervisors, Managers and Team Managers about problems and the efficiency of machines in designated areas.
- Contribute to continuous improvements / TPM on machines and processes.
- Be aware of and minimise, were safe and practical, spares usage costs.
- Ensure work area is tidied on completion of each job.
- Promptly complete all documentation for all jobs and raise outstanding job requests when required.
- Immediately report to the Maintenance Team Manager or Methods Engineer any deviation from or changes to any Company drawing.
- Be available for reasonable levels of overtime in order that production plant can be brought to and maintained at a high level of efficiency.
- Be available for planned maintenance and machine overhauls during plant closedowns.
- Participate in mechanical work that training has been received in.
- Apply the current quality procedures and standards in line with IATF 16949 and alert your line manager to any deviations from the standard.
- Abide by the Company's Health and Safety Policy and rules by promptly reporting any accidents or dangerous occurrences.
- Contribute to a safe working culture through your own behaviour, by helping others to conform to health and safety rules and by proactively highlighting any breaches of safety rules.
- Observe and adhere to the Company's environmental policies and housekeeping standards and regulations.
- Observe Company philosophy on proposals, continuous improvement and lean suggestions for the betterment of plant, methods, working environment and efficiency.
- Observe and adhere to the Company's Equal Opportunities Policy, and Dignity at Work Policy, contributing to the maintenance of a harmonious working environment where the dignity of each individual is respected.
- Observe and adhere to the Company's Data Protection policy ensuring the security and integrity of any personal or confidential information you may work with while carrying out your duties.
- Observe company policy on flexibility by moving to any other job as necessary. 9. Undertake training/retraining and train other employees as required. 10. Any other reasonable duties as required by management.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have served either:
- an Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronic apprenticeship in a manufacturing / production setting OR
- an Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronic apprenticeship in any setting plus at least 3 years' post apprenticeship experience in a manufacturing / production environment.
- Be prepared to work and train in both mechanical and electrical disciplines.
While not essential it would be advantageous that applicants:
- Have a minimum of an NVQ 3 in engineering (or equivalent qualification)
- Can demonstrate experience and proven ability of maintaining plant and equipment in a high volume production environment
- Have working experience of PLCs, controls, robotics, hydraulics & pneumatics.
Hours of Work
2 weeks - 7am - 7pm Monday Tuesday Friday Saturday Sunday Wednesday Thursday
2 weeks - 7pm - 7am Monday Tuesday Friday Saturday Sunday Wednesday Thursday
Starting salary including shift premium (Continental) -£41,644 per annum
On site catering facilities (mornings)
Kitchen facilities available throughout the day
Free car parking onsite
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have tools and resources to help you success. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to loads of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For more information please apply with your CV by clicking on the button.