7am to 7pm 4 on 4 shifts
£30,000 to £33,000
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit a Maintenance Technician for a top company based in Ballymena. This position offers long term career aspirations with a company that has experienced significant growth in recent years.
- To ensure that you comply with the health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the associated Regulations relating to your work, and with the Company's Health and Safety Policy and procedure, and be responsible for your own safety and the safety of others at all times.
- To ensure that you comply with the Company's Quality Policy and Quality Manual, Procedures and Work Instructions relating to your work, and in particular, Company standards on quality, hygiene and housekeeping.
- To work closely with both your shift (Team) and the Engineering Department to carry out any servicing, repairs and maintenance to agreed and accepted Company standards, and to enable production on the machines to meet agreed performance standards, and quality of product to be manufactured within specification.
- Ensure the fast resolution of any problems, and to ensure safety, optimize machine efficiency and minimize waste levels.
- To ensure that you work together with other members of your team, and with other employees, to ensure the achievement of all the above.
- To participate in the cover system.
- To be flexible enough to work, out of contractual hours as necessary to fulfil the needs of your role to work away from the site if required.
- To attend any courses or visits arranged as part of your development and training programme.
- To co-operate with any Trials or changes to working practices.
- To suggest new projects or working practices to ensure continual improvement in health and safety, quality, performance and the general functioning of the site.
- To carry out all Planned Preventative Maintenance on schedule, to agreed and accepted Company standards, and to comply with agreed safe working practices at all times.
- To monitor the performance of the machinery and equipment, and to be pro-active in avoiding downtime by initiating and necessary improvement measures prior to failure.
- To ensure that any routine day to day engineering tasks (e.g. breakdowns, servicing and maintenance work) are priorities to be agreed with the Shift Manager and/or Engineering Technical Manager, as appropriate.
- To work closely with your colleagues to ensure the communication of all safety issues, quality and machinery problems that might affect safety issues, quality and machinery problems that might affect safety or performance standards.
- Repair any breakdown within the plant or site as requested.
- Minimise waste levels to achieve business targets.
- To assist with production, improvements, projects and reconfigurations as required.
- To carry out any reasonable request from your Engineering Technical Manager.
- These duties are not 'limited' or 'fixed' and you may be required to take on additional reasonable responsibilities, as our business needs change'.
- Adherence to all company policies, procedures and work instructions as relevant.
Strong leadership/management skills
Demonstrable leadership/management skills
Work as a team
Demonstrable ability to mentor and coach team members
Interested Maintenance Engineers who feel are meeting the criteria should forward a CV without delay via this advertisement. If you would like to discuss this Maintenance engineer, job in more detail please contact me Jordan McMaster, now on 02890 323 333 or 07976 985386