Our client is a global supplier of specialist packaging, based in the heart of Derry City. Due to continued growth and success, they are looking to recruit an experienced Maintenance Engineer on a full time, permanent basis.
The key responsibilities within the role include (but are not limited to):
- carrying out repairs and maintenance in a safe, timely and professional manner;
- contribute to the development of engineering processes and procedures to improve performance of machinery;
- plan and prioritise workload in conjunction with engineering and production management;
- identify and report on P&M faults and provide feedback and improvement suggestions;
- assist with installation of P&M;
- build relationships with operators and take part in training and development programmes; and
- available for out of hours call outs on a rotational basis.
- Relevant qualification(s) in mechanical, electrical or similar engineering discipline.
- Time served in maintenance engineering role or a recent track record in providing maintenance support.
- Experience working on machinery repairs including pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical equipment.
- Strong electrical and mechanical systems experience.
- Problem solving and process improvement mind-set.
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in high pressure, deadline driven situations with flexibility to meet changing priorities.
- Understanding of welding and fabrication processes.
- Competitive salary
- Internal and external training provided
- Good location with easy access and free onsite parking
- Uniform, PPE and tools provided
- 30 days annual leave
- Pension contributions and other personal benefits
- Opportunities for career advancement
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information, you can contact Marc Doorish at the Derry branch, or apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.