Maintenance Mechanical Fitter
Staffline Cork are recruiting on behalf of their client, for a Maintenance Fitter within a high-volume food production environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the efficient and effective maintenance of the factory equipment and facility.
This role requires a high degree of flexibility, responsiveness, and problem solving. The ideal candidate must have the ability to work on his/her own initiative and be able to prioritise work flow in a busy fast paced environment.
- Execution of all maintenance-based activities including Corrective / Preventative / Production Support / Calibrations / Electrical work, in accordance with site GMP (good manufacturing practices) and safety standards.
- Mechanical fitter responsibilities to include maintenance and repair of bakery equipment to minimise downtime and lost production.
- Electrical / instrument craft responsibilities to include maintenance and repair of electrical systems, instrumentation, trouble shooting and issue resolution on electrical control systems would be advantageous.
- Maintain a permanent, accurate and full record of all work utilising the site recording system.
- Adheres to the required GMP and maintains the area in a clean and tidy condition in line with the site safety and quality excellence principles.
- Maintains safe working conditions for operators, maintenance and other personnel working in the area in line with the site safety and quality excellence principles.
- Participating, Leading and Implementation of new technology projects and future plans.
- Engagement with site maintenance, training, safety, quality, and learning systems.
- Engagement and active participation in continuous improvement teams striving for excellence in site fundamentals.
- Engage and develop working relationships with factory personnel to ensure equipment issues/concerns are highlighted to you directly.
Education / Work Experience
- Relevant trades qualification desirable.
- Minimum of 4 yrs experience within a maintenance environment, ideally food/beverage.
- Working knowledge of bakery machines would be advantageous.
- Excellent trouble shooting and decision making skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision
- Have a flexible approach to working hours. (shift work, overtime and on-call).
- Must have excellent English including technical English.
Apply in confidence to Jenny.Murphy@staffline.ie