Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Antrim require a Maintenance Officer to join their team.
Role: Maintenance Officer
Rate of Pay: £11.39 per hour
- Carry out inspections of Housing Executive domestic and commercial properties, including pre and post repair completion, fire and flood damage to properties and at change of tenancy, in order to authorise the Housing Executive's Contractors to carry out necessary maintenance work and to provide a key quality assurance role.
- Conduct inspections of Housing Executive properties to ensure that works have been done as ordered and to an acceptable standard and that payment for works can be authorised.
- Carry out ad-hoc technical inspections in the local area, relevant to the Housing Executive, when required and refer to appropriate stakeholder(s) to undertake works that may be necessary. This may include specialist works referrals.
- Authorise payments for works in line with cost and delegated authority limits.
- Raise or authorise works to secure properties after instances of PSNI forced entry have been reported.
- Work closely with Contractors and others to ensure works are complete, including administration of relevant paperwork and statutory approvals e.g. building control, in line with the key performance indicators set by the organisation. This will including updating systems.
- Draw to the attention of the Contractor, in the first instance, any deficiencies in the delivery of an effective maintenance service in order that remedial action can be taken and subsequently to the Area Maintenance Manager where necessary.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and provide information to tenants on the progress of works their homes, the timeframes for such works to be done and on other property and estate management matters.
- Work closely with Customer Service Unit staff managing customer repair and inspection requests and queries, ensuring high quality and timely communication.
- Work closely with delivery partners such as Heating Inspectors, Structural Engineers, Regional Asbestos Officers and Grounds Maintenance to ensure an effective service to tenants and customers.
- Meet with tenants, external agencies and/or tenants' representatives to accurately advise them on maintenance issues/policies, Housing Executive Conditions of Tenancy and tenant responsibilities for the maintenance of some items in their homes. 2022-63 Maintenance Officer Job Description
- Work with Patch Managers to identify Recoverable costs in a timely manner, agree responsibility with tenants while gathering correct information so that costs can be legally recovered from tenants and past tenants if required
- Provide technical advice and guidance to Housing Executive colleagues including Patch Managers and Housing Advisors.
- Liaise with other Housing Executive staff, particularly Patch Managers and Lettings Managers, to ensure that houses vacated on changes of tenancy have necessary works done so that they can be re-let as soon as possible.
- Identify and take action in respect of any risks in Housing Executive properties and estates including carrying out Public Liability Insurance (PLIC) walks/inspections, prepare associated reports and liaise with contractors and other Housing Executive staff to ensure cases are managed efficiently with a view to a swift resolution.
- Investigate queries from Regional Services teams as required, including 'Place Shaping' queries to assess grounds in respect of potential issues including site lines or access to services.
- Work effectively and efficiently to ensure minor adaptations to properties are implemented to meet the needs of the customer. This may include working closely with Occupational Therapists.
- Support the delivery of planned maintenance schemes including kitchens, bathrooms and external doors, heating and responding to scheme related queries from tenants, tenant representatives and local/ elected representatives in a timely manner.
Candidates must be Access NI cleared prior to taking up appointment.
Please note this post will close at 11am on the 19th September
Bachelor's Degree in Building Studies [or an equivalent qualification] and 1 years' relevant* post qualification experience * Relevant experience will be interpreted as working on the design, improvement or maintenance of domestic properties In order to demonstrate experience, please clearly detail dates, years and examples of your experience
B Tech Higher Diploma in Building Studies [or equivalent Level 4 qualification] and 2 year's relevant* post qualification experience * Relevant experience will be interpreted as working on the design, improvement or maintenance of domestic properties In order to demonstrate experience, please clearly detail dates, years and examples of your experience 2022-63 Maintenance Officer Job Description
Can demonstrate at least 4 years relevant* experience will also be considered *Relevant experience will be interpreted as working on the design, improvement or maintenance of domestic properties In order to demonstrate experience, please clearly detail dates, years and examples of your experience
Possess a current driving licence or have access to a form of transport that enables them to meet the requirements of the post in full including with reasonable travel timeframes.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Jamie Leetch will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.