Reporting to the Maintenance and Facilities Manager, the post holder will provide an effective preventive maintenance and breakdown repair service for the operational departments.
Hours of Work:
Monday to Wednesday 3.30pm - 1.30am and Thursday 3.30pm - 1am
£24k - £26k + 13% Shift Allowance
- Carry out an intensive programme of planned preventive maintenance for all company process machinery and equipment. Regularly revise and updates schedule as required.
- Carry out routine maintenance on all company machinery and equipment to include fault finding, problem solving and minor repairs to minimise down time.
- Full, accurate and timely completion of all maintenance logs, schedules, etc. to comply with Health and Safety legislation and company, insurance and ISO requirements, etc.
- Contact external contractors as required and accompany/assist them while on site.
- Ensure there are adequate supplies of spares on site for commonly used parts or those with a long lead time. Create & continuously update technical files for plant & equipment from liaison with suppliers, operator or own knowledge, etc.
- Carry out daily, weekly and monthly health and safety checks and inspections and takes timely corrective action. Report problems and/or unsafe practices to relevant Supervisor and Health and Safety, together with any recommendations for improvements.
- Carry out all minor mechanical & electrical repairs in relation to buildings and utilities, planned and executed in such a way so as to minimise risk or inconvenience to others.
- Set up & make modifications to work benches and new equipment as required.
- Follow up on action points agreed on the Health & Safety Improvement Log and by the Health and Safety Committee within the agreed timescales.
- Ensure quality procedures relating to maintenance are followed e.g. calibration of measuring equipment.
- Minor troubleshooting & maintenance for office equipment if required.
- Review processes, procedures, systems, paperwork, etc. in own area, and make suggestions for improvement.
- Communicate process changes to relevant parties in order that relevant follow up may be carried out, e.g. training.
- Ensure full and timely reporting of all major breakdowns, significant problems, repair requirements, delays or machine down time to relevant personnel.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers as necessary to clarify technical details and overcome problems.
- Travel to the Birmingham site as and when required.
- Any other reasonable duties or project work which may be required by management from time to time.
- Minimum of 4 years' relevant Mechatrician experience (inclusive of apprenticeship training).
- Experience of working as a Maintenance Technician, carrying out machinery repairs, fault finding and problem solving within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of working on pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical equipment.
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements/precautions.
- Relevant mechanical engineering qualification e.g. NVQ, ONC, OND, Engineering.
- 2 years' relevant post qualification/apprenticeship experience.
- Experience of pneumatics
- Experience of sewing machines.
- Experience of cutting and pressing machinery.
Should you have what it takes to join very successful Staffline Client please submit your CV by clicking on apply button.
Why use Staffline?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.