The Client: Local Public body based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
The Role: As a member of the Finance & IT Unit the post holder will be required to: Support the Finance Manager in the provision of an effective and efficient management accounting and budgetary control service, ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards and guidelines were appropriate. The post holder may assume additional duties relevant to the post as reasonably assigned by the Finance Manager to meet changing business needs and practices.
- In conjunction with the Finance Manager, produce annual estimates for services including liaising with stake holders to determine an appropriate level of income and expenditure. Prepare reports for the use of management team, Committees and the Public body.
- To produce accurate timely management accounts to Services, Senior Management and the Public body.
- To manage the monthly budgetary review program, including the preparation of high level and detailed reports, and to liaise with operational managers to consider performance against budget.
- To provide guidance to Directors and operational managers to ensure budgets are profiled appropriately and reconciled on the financial management information system.
- To identify and report on potential risk areas and associated financial year end positions and recommend appropriate corrective action plans. To monitor ongoing management of risk and opportunity areas.
- Line Management of assistant accountant.
- To work in conjunction with the Finance Manager and Financial Accountant in supporting the preparation of the year end process and annual Financial Statements and relevant statutory pro-forma returns.
- Preparation and/or review of statutory and other financial returns as required by the Finance Manager within the appropriate timescales. Including DFC Estimates returns and HM Treasury Returns.
Hours of work: 37 hours per week, Monday- Friday, 9am- 5pm
It is essential that applicants have a minimum of:
- Full membership of a recognised professional accountancy body
- At least three years employment experience in finance and accountancy.
- Where the stated qualifications are not met above a minimum of six years relevant work experience as outlined above is required.
- Demonstrate a good knowledge in the principles of management accounting in a public sector body
- Demonstrate a good knowledge in the operation of IT systems appropriate to the field including spreadsheets and databases.
- Excellent written & oral communicator
- Analytical & problem solving skills
- Report Writing Skills
- Desirable: One year's relevant experience in Management Accounting within a public sector environment.
- Rates of pay £17.06 per hour
- Holiday entitlement
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.