Management Support Assistant
Rate of Pay: £10.41
Location: 9 Adelaide
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
To be responsible to the appropriate senior officer for the provision of business and administrative support including word processing, typing, filing and arranging appointments within the unit. The postholder will also assist in providing support and operational cover for other functions. To carry out all tasks within agreed time and quality targets.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide administrative and secretarial support for the Chief Executive and Office of the Chief Executive as required.
- To supervise and manage the performance of any assigned staff to actively ensure their development in line with corporate procedures.
- To deal with incoming and outgoing calls for the Chief Executive and the Office of the Chief Executive.
- To process confidential incoming mail, internal and external, and distribute and copy on a daily basis.
- To prepare minutes and agendas for meetings and service them as required.
- To type confidential letters and reports (including committee reports) as directed from handwritten notes or digital dictation.
- To organise meetings as required including hospitality for meetings, room bookings, lunches and refreshments as required.
- To maintain and develop any filing systems in operation as directed.
- To requisition and receive goods, supplies and equipment as directed in line with client procedures.
- To assist the senior officers with the production of budgetary information including maintenance of petty cash float.
- To arrange the booking of conference, travel and accommodation requirements for the Chief Executive as directed.
- To participate in the review and development of unit procedures as required.
- To act in accordance with the client and departmental policies and procedures including customer care, equal opportunities, health and safety and any pertinent legislation.
- To participate in all induction and in-service training provided by the client.
- To undertake the duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the client.
- To undertake such other relevant duties as may, from time-to-time, be required.
Applicants must have at least one year's relevant experience in each of the following areas:
- carrying out administrative duties which may include diary management including organising appointments and meetings;
- liaising with senior management and professional officers; and
- servicing meetings including taking minutes and organising agendas.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Robyn Barry. Robyn.Barry@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.