In partnership with our Client based in Lisburn we are recruiting for a Temporary Manufacturing Engineer for an immediate start
Hours of work: 8am - 4.30pm Monday - Friday
Salary: £20.51 per hour
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Leader you will maintain existing and implement new manufacturing processes, drive process automation, standard work, reduce waste, FMEA process development and training.
- Support the development and improvement of existing manufacturing processes including process flow, standard work, process related problem resolution and management of change
- Supporting new product introduction (NPI), design and development of new production cells
- Drive quality improvements to increase yield, delivery, improve productivity and inventory with special emphasis on lean principles.
- Support manufacturing team in resolving daily issues to ensure Quality and productivity targets are achieved
- Research and develop new methods, tooling, test systems, and machine designs that reduce cycle time and improve quality and productivity.
- Ability to collaborate across various functions and levels within the operations team
- Effective communication and organisational skills
- Development of manufacturing jigs and Poke Yoke systems
- Facilitation of Standard Work kaizen events
- Ability to introduce 5S methodologies
- The support of development of automatic test systems
- The application of Manufacturing Execution Systems
- The application of 5 Why root cause analysis
- The application of Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) to drive Quality improvements
- BEng in Engineering or Science