- Establish and embed a culture of continuous improvement to the manufacturing & design department.
- Be responsible for the layout of the factory floor, to ensure machinery and processes are providing an efficient output.
- Be responsible for managing change within the factory floor and implement the strategic plan to improve and automate (where applicable) factory processes to increase efficiency & output. An example would be the staged implementation of an automated manufacturing flow line for the product.
- Be responsible for process planning - Audit current manufacturing processes and provide daily support to the factory supervisors & operatives, so that improvements can be implemented on an ongoing basis.
- Audit current fixings, jigs, and fittings and be capable of authoring CAD design drawings to provide improvements where required.
- Drive standardisation of processes, and DFMA (Design for manufacture and assembly) within the business.
- Play a key role within R&D within the business, and support where required all key Innovation projects.
- Assist with BOM creation and management
- Strong working knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD
- Minimum 5 years' relevant experience in a similar environment
- Self-supervising within the expectations of senior management
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing processes
- Understanding of engineering, scientific and other technical information
The Staffline Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.