Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Salary: £35,000 to £42,000 per annum plus benefits.
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been exclusively retained to recruit a Manufacturing Engineering Manager role for leading manufacturing company based in Co Antrim. This position has been realigned within the business and they have identified the need for a dynamic, structured and process driven professional to lead high-level Engineering professionals in the delivery of bespoke, volume production of their product.
The company has been in operation for in excess of 45 years and have developed extensively in the past 10 years to become a UK market leader in their field.
Reporting to: Technical Manager
The successful candidate will be Responsible for managing a small team of Process Engineers, responsible for the effective implementation of process improvements, focused on quality, efficiency and cost control.
- Drive the implementation of new and improved processes within operational functions of the business.
- Encourage and facilitate employee through cross-functional improvement teams.
- Control and optimise the Production Kanban systems.
- Responsibility for the technical aspects of Production Control Software, including Bill of Materials and order documentation.
- Monitor manufacturing material costs and create KPIs to drive efficiencies.
- Responsible for the design of the manufacturing process flow
- Ownership of the Engineering Change process
- Support new product introduction in-line with NPD process.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers
- Ensure the adherence to all relevant process and procedures in-line with the company Quality Management System.
- Resource machinery and provide data to support applications for capital expenditure as part of continuous improvement.
- Along with the Technical Manager set measurable and realistic KPIs, work standards and expectations, to be monitored and communicated regularly, and action where appropriate.
- Responsibility for aspects of the training and development for yourself and your team to enhance skill levels, product knowledge, flexibility, health, safety and welfare of your team.
- Provide strong leadership, direction and mentoring, thereby fostering and sustaining co-operation and team spirit.
- Flexible to travel to other sites as and when required.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time, including discretional overtime
- Mechanical or Manufacturing engineering related degree (minimum 2:2 classification)
- At least 5 years' relevant experience working in a senior role within an Engineering Department, in a manufacturing environment
- People management experience within manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable experience of successful change management, process improvements or utilisation of continuous/business improvement techniques
- Experience of LEAN
- Effective report writing
- Familiar with ISO 9001 (2008)
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive starting salary circa 35k to 40k per annum depending on experience
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.