Manufacturing Technicians Days & Nights
The Client: Our Client has more than 2,800 products available in more than 200 countries, they are one of the largest manufacturer and distributor in the world and one of the largest corporations in the United States
This role covers a broad range of responsibilities and may require a high degree of manual dexterity and the ability to operate factory machines, hand or power tools and use software to run computer-operated machinery.
- Working on or monitoring the output of an automated assembly line or assembly station.
- Setting up and operating different machines, running and monitoring the output of machine tools, a highly automated manufacturing cell or process.
- Know the manufacturing process in great detail, troubleshooting at an appropriate level and involving senior members of staff if/when they are not able to correct the problem.
- Monitor and check the product quality as they will be responsible for identifying when the process is deviating from the norm and taking action to correct it.
- Maintain accurate and clear documentation that proves that manufacturing is being carried out in accordance with both internal and external quality systems and regulations. It is important that procedures are followed, but it is also important that it can be shown and proved that procedures were followed.
- Keep equipment in good working order by performing regular inspection, cleaning, servicing along with routine and preventative maintenance to make sure the machine or process never breaks down.
- Keep maintenance logs for all of the machines or process they oversee, which requires proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Provide regular productivity reports, and incident reports if an accident occurs.
- Apply lean manufacturing principles to eliminate waste in the production process or apply six sigma to reduce output variation.
- Strictly following health and safety procedures and protocols
- Regular review of the production schedule
- Routine operation of equipment including inspection, cleaning, and maintenance in accordance with operational instructions
- Documentation of routine manufacturing processes
- Reporting of data to senior colleagues
- Close adherence to internal SOPs and external regulations
- Quick and effective diagnosis of routine problems in their manufacturing step
- Confidence and abilities to troubleshoot problems
- Awareness of when to involve senior staff in more complex problems
- Desirable Criteria
- Attention to detail
- Calm under pressure
- Numerical skills
- Good communication skills
- Good computer skills
Hours Of Work
- 36 Hours p/week with possibility of overtime 3 days in 4 days off 7.45 am 7.45 pm - 7.45 pm7.45 am
Rate of Pay : £8.91 £13.07 after 12 weeks
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have tools and resources to help you success. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to loads of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For more information please apply with your CV by clicking on the button.