Market Segment Manager
Market Segment Manager
Staffline Ireland are recruiting for a Market Segment Manager on behalf of a market leading technology company. The Market Segment Manager initiates and leads strategic actions, supports tactics to achieve current-year business commitments and long-term business goals. It is an entrepreneurial role requiring initiative, creativity, strong customer relationship-building, communication, analytical, and leadership skills, as well as a thorough understanding of market trends, customers, systems, competition, and technologies. The Market Segment Manager role is an industrial B2B technical marketing position.
- Develops marketing plans and activities for specific product(s) or product line(s) to establish, enhance or distinguish product placement within the competitive arena.
- Develops business plans and product positioning in the marketplace.
- Leads market research activities, monitors competitive activity and identifies customer needs.
- Establishes pricing strategies
- Drive short-term and long-term revenue growth.
- Develop expertise in market dynamics and trends through direct customer engagement and secondary sources.
- Identify, evaluate, and prioritize competitive, legislative, and technical discontinuities that present opportunities or threats.
- Build strategic, action-oriented business plans to grow share in existing applications and identify paths to expand the addressable market (including new product development, technical partnerships, or M&A).
- Lead cross-functional teams to create detailed customer proposals/quotations using financial tools, and present business cases for senior management approval.
- Collaborate closely with Sales, Engineering, and Project Management to deliver new business opportunity closures.
- Responsible for pricing strategy and profitability for all new business opportunities within segment.
- Present strategy and business plans regularly to management as well as reporting updates on results against business objectives to the General Managers and Global VPs.
- Complete regular insightful competitor analysis; develop and execute action plans.
- Participate in the evaluation process, due diligence, and integration of potential acquisition(s) or business partnering activities.
- Develop Go-to-Market Strategy (i.e. customer segmentation, sales channels, product strategy, etc.).
- Any other duties role may involve.
- 4 years experience in similar role (ideally product marketing in engineering)
- Experience in SaaS businesses; developing and sustaining businesses
- Relevant 3rd level qualification
- Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
- Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
- Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
- Holds self-accountable to achieving goals and standard
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers
- Track record of successfully delivering revenue and market share growth
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience driving change
The successful Market Segment Manager will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience plus Bonus, Pension and Healthcare.
The Market Segment Manager role will be based in County Antrim.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Staffline Ireland Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.