Marketing and Communications Assistant (Digital)
Temporary Marketing and Communications Assistant required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £13.99 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday (08:30 - 17:00)
Duration: 1 month pending review
- To be responsible for writing, editing and publishing news and information for all internal communications channels
- Working with the Internal Communications Manager, to be responsible for the production of news stories using a range of digital editing software or equivalent applications
- To set up and operate the facilities for media production including lights, props, equipment, scripts and autocue
- Liaise with and support the Marketing and Corporate Communications Unit in exploring and adopting technologies to deliver high quality video content
- To assist with the management of the internal large scale digital signage system on a daily basis
- To be responsible for ensuring that any information displayed on the digital signage system is clear, accurate and timely, offering a satisfactory user experience for all daily viewers and other specific monthly video audiences
- To be responsible for the editing and updating of daily content on the staff notice board system including the production of ezines and electronic newsletters, and adjusting graphics, repurposing multimedia content as appropriate
- To provide statistical data and other performance information on a monthly basis to enable the team to monitor and evaluate performance and identify improvement opportunities
- To liaise with internal IT support staff and external suppliers to improve functionality of digital signage systems and intranet, and work proactively to resolve technical issues and challenges
- Participating in the successful delivery of a corporate digital strategy to enhance all aspects of service delivery and provision of information to ratepayers and stakeholders
- Create and support an open communications culture and the sharing of knowledge within the team
- This job description has been written at a time of significant organisational change and it will be subject to review and amendment as the demands of the role and the organisation evolve. Therefore, the post-holder will be required to be flexible, adaptable and aware that s/he may be asked to perform tasks, duties and responsibilities which are not specifically detailed in the job description but which are commensurate with the role
- A third level qualification in a relevant discipline such as Multimedia Production, Digital Media Production, Graphic Design, Journalism, Communications, English, or equivalent qualification
- One years relevant experience in writing, managing and editing content for publications, digital signage and online media channels
- One years experience producing video content using Adobe Flash, Audacity, Final Cut Pro or another digital editing software package
- Use of programmes such as MS Office, Sharepoint, HTML, Photoshop and Dreamweaver or other content management software or equivalent applications
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.