Marketing and Communications Assistant (Media/Videography)
Rate of Pay: £14.38
Location: City Hall
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The postholder will be responsible for supporting the Marketing and Corporate Communications section in the filming and editing of video for distribution to media as well as for use on the external website and for internal communications. The postholder will be a member of the Marketing and Corporate Communications Team, which is responsible for publishing and communicating online and through new technologies. The postholder will report to the Campaigns Press and Social Manager and will assist in responding to press inquiries and dealing with media briefings and events.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for leading on the design and production of a variety of video and media content suitable for a range of internal and external contacts.
- Responsible for filming and editing video news clips for distribution to media and for use on social media, as well as other video productions for both the external website and the internet.
- To set up and operate the facilities for media production. This includes lights, props, equipment, scripts and autocue etc
- Responsible for the selection of appropriate video formats, locations and settings according to the desired outcomes.
- Responsible for ensuring the reliability, consistency and quality of content produced and that it is in accordance with branding and communications strategy.
- Ensuring the highest standard of video output across all platforms under the direction of the Campaigns Press and Social Manager.
- Liaise with and support the Marketing and Corporate Communications team in exploring and adopting new media technologies to deliver high quality video content. To support the Campaigns Press and Social team in managing the media and delivering on the communications strategy.
- Support the production of press releases, responding to press enquiries and promoting positive news about the client.
- To attend media briefings, launches, events and news conferences to support the Campaigns Press and Social team.
- In conjunction with the Web Editors, ensure news releases, photographs, and videos are posted on the website in a timely way.
- To work with the Internal Communications Manager to deliver key messages through video filming to staff - this will include planning, production, post production and evaluation.
- Assist in the management of media and communication functions of the Department, to meet quality standards and timelines.
- Create and support an open communications culture and the sharing of knowledge within the team. Motivate and manage any staff, that may be assigned, to the post holder to ensure effective service delivery and to be responsible for reviewing and implementing a proper staff training and development programme.
- Participate in all induction and in-service training and support of all newly appointed staff and other human resource management policies and procedures, as appropriate, including, absence management, disciplinary and grievance procedure.
- Participate as directed in the recruitment and selection procedures.
- Act in accordance with departmental policies and procedures including customer care, equal opportunities, health and safety, safeguarding and any pertinent legislation.
- Undertake the duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile.
- Undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time be required.
Applicants must, as at the closing date for receipt of application forms, either:
- have a third level qualification in a relevant subject such as journalism, public relations, media or videography or an equivalent relevant qualification and be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, at least one year's relevant experience gained within a news organisation or a press office or public relations environment in each of the following areas a) and b);
- be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, at least two years' relevant experience gained within a news organisation or a press office or public relations environment in each of the following areas
- b) filming and editing video content for online distribution and, or to the media and external contacts; and b) producing news, features or sports reports for broadcast or printed publications, for example, newspapers, magazines or online.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Robyn Barry. Robyn.Barry@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.