Temporary Marketing and Communications Coordinator required for a large public sector client based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £18.53 per hour
Location: 9 Adelaide, Belfast City Centre
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: 3 months pending review
- Develop and implement marketing and communications plans that are consistent with both the corporate communications strategy and the departmental business plan for the business areas assigned to you
- Support the Marketing and Brand manager in implementing the Belfast brand strategy and plan demonstrating the ability to work with key internal and external stakeholders to influence the use of the city brand across marketing and communication activities
- Under the direction of the Marketing and Brand Manager support the planning, production and distribution (including contributing to content, creative writing and editing) of the external publications
- Contributing and delivering campaigns encompassing, advertising, public relations, publications, digital marketing and social media, that will develop an energy around the Belfast Brand, Belfast City Council (BCC) and the Belfast Agenda, showcasing successes and identifying opportunities
- Contribute to the effective and efficient management of the creative process, providing detailed briefs, creative direction, graphic design concepts and photography for assigned projects
- Oversee with the creation of marketing collateral, considering the city brand tone of voice ensuring compliance with accessibility guidelines, legislation, and corporate identity
- Contribute to an integrated City and Organisational Strategy Department, working collaboratively with all staff in the marketing and communications function, to ensure a flexible, integrated approach to campaigning and contributing to the overall Marketing and Communications Strategy
- Work closely with all senior officers and Elected Members, providing advice on aspects of marketing and communications activities, demonstrating sensitivity and diplomacy
- Establish and develop effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders ensuring effective delivery of the marketing and communications strategy and Belfast city brand framework
- Undertake evaluations for all relevant projects to assess effectiveness and impact of marketing and communication plans, making recommendations and implementing appropriate actions
- Carry out relevant benchmarking and market research to identify potential innovative opportunities for future developments, which can support the marketing and communications strategy and the Belfast city brand plan
- Participate in the preparation of the revenue estimates for the section and manage and monitor expenditure of the budgets for assigned projects ensuring value for money for the department
- Manage the outsourcing of design and print if and when appropriate
- Responsible for safekeeping of all assigned
- Applicant must possess a third level qualification in a relevant subject such as Marketing, Communications, Public Relations etc.
- Possess full, current membership of an appropriate professional body relevant to marketing and communications
- Be able to demonstrate by providing specific examples at least oneyears' relevant experience in each of the following areas:
- developing and managing the delivery of external marketing communication plans
- planning, producing and distributing publications such as newsletters, magazines, brochures and leaflets for a multidisciplinary organisation including writing and editing for hard copy or electronic publishing
- providing professional advice and support within the field of brand marketing to staff at senior management level
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.