Purpose and Function of Post
To develop, lead and manage an innovative sales and marketing strategy for the facility.
To be responsible for the development and delivery of a creative sales and marketing plan for the facility ensuring the numbers attending are reflective of agreed business targets.
To proactively maximize all opportunities for income generation through the targeted promotion of the exhibition, arts and education programmes, and other events and activities delivered at the facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. To implement an effective sales and marketing strategy that will attract visitors to the facility from key demographics within the community, tourism, arts, education and business sectors and maximises visitor numbers and to constantly monitor and review these strategies to assess their impact.
2. To develop, implement and manage advertising and marketing campaigns and programmes including press releases, e-zines and newsletters, adverts, website maintenance, social media and media contacts.
3. To ensure there are effective evaluation processes in place, to enable measurement of data and analytics, to allow the postholder to report and identify their contribution to increased sales, income, visitor numbers, etc, which must identify that they are meeting or exceeding their targets and culture and arts service objectives
4. To utilise all opportunities for income generation and ensure the numbers attending the facility are reflective of agreed business targets through a marketing plan which develops and supports audience development and to encourage attendance from a wide demographic.
5. To assist in the preparation of annual marketing budgets, managing expenditure and income in line with agreed budgets, and ensuring company policies and procedures relating to accountability and good governance are adhered to at all times.
6. To develop and deliver the sales and marketing strategy, in full compliance with agreed policies and operational procedures, while ensuring all staff are aware of the aims and objectives of the strategy.
Experience - Essential
Applicants must provide specific and personal examples of having at least 2 years' relevant experience in the following areas:
- Development and implementation of a marketing plan and strategy.
- Managing budgets and resources.
- Project monitoring and evaluation.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Competent in the use of IT Systems, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and marketing software (e.g. CRM).
- Preparing and presenting reports for management and external stakeholders.
- Qualifications and Experience
- Qualifications - Essential
- A third level qualification (HNC/D or higher) in a relevant discipline e.g. Marketing, Business Studies.
- Experience - Desirable
Desirable: Applicants must provide specific and personal examples of having at least 2 years' relevant experience in:
- Marketing experience working within the arts, education or tourism sector.
Applicants must possess a full, current driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland and a vehicle available for official business, or have access to a form of transport which enables them to meet the requirements of the post in full1.
1Please be advised that this alternative is a "reasonable adjustment" specifically for applicants with disabilities who, as a result of their disability, are unable to hold a full, current driving licence.
(Full Job Description available on request)