Material Planning Analyst
The Material Planner role sits within the Supply Team function, which is a wider team of 15. They deal with 100+ multi-geographical suppliers, managing a spend of roughly 150 million dollars per year. We make products that support a prime product in one of our large UK facilities, which goes into articulated trucks.
This is a fast-paced environment with time sensitive work, but you will have a large knowledge base to lean on and extensive on the job training. The expanse and scope of this role increases the exposure to many different areas, such as logistics and transportation and broaden horizons within supply chain.
- The requirements of this role are to ensure the timely delivery of materials to the facility, collaborating with suppliers to coordinate deliveries, shipping schedules and work schedules to meet facility production plans.
- Using supplier collaboration technologies, collaborates with suppliers and operations to plan delivery of material for production.
- Actively collaborates with suppliers to perform root cause corrective actions to resolve quality and supplier delivery performance issues.
- This position analyses production requirements, converting requirements into purchase orders requisitioning the materials, regulating inventory levels.
- Analyses engineering releases for changes and/or new releases and coordinates effective release dates to provide an efficient depletion of related existing stock items
- The position supports supply chain performance efforts by monitoring and tracking supplier performance metrics.
- This person will be required to perform work to improve point of use material availability, applying root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Provides Material Planning expertise to facility functions in support of improving demand variability, forecast credibility and useability for production planning.
- Minimal Travel required.
Skills & Experience
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organisation, and communication skills
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- SAP or similar ERP experience
- College or university degree related to Supply Chain
- Knowledge and/or experience in material control, purchasing, inventory control
- General knowledge of production scheduling and capacity management
- Ability to use and troubleshoot MRP
- Knowledge and/or experience in transportation or logistics
- Experience of LEAN and Six Sigma