Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballymena require a Mechanic to join their team.
Rate of Pay: £12.02 per hour
- Thoroughly examine and inspect the condition, roadworthiness and safety of any vehicle or equipment, applying correct inspection techniques, reporting the findings and making recommendations to workshop supervisor.
- Service, repair and prepare vehicles for PSV/MOT in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner, to job times laid down by management.
- Conduct routine repairs and major services on a broad range of grounds maintenance equipment.
- Apply appropriate diagnostic techniques to determine the cause[s] of defects in vehicles, plant, components and systems, including use of diagnostic computer. Make any recommendations for changes or modifications designed to improve safety, efficiency and reliability.
- Assessing bodywork issues, Identifying, advising and carrying out the most appropriate bodywork repairs to vehicles and plant.
- Recover broken down or immobilised vehicles, plant and equipment utilising safe and proper techniques, thereby minimising any risk of additional damage or danger to the public.
- Manufacture / fabricate simple component parts to the required performance standards, using appropriate materials, tools and machinery.
- Fully comply with Housing Executive Vehicle Maintenance Policy at all times.
- Complete all necessary paperwork, ensure all job cards are completed correctly and all hours used and parts fitted are recorded.
- Ensure that replacement parts are clearly identified to enable timely ordering to minimise downtime.
- Maintain and develop technical competencies in line with the demanding needs of the service.
- Maintain designated work area in a safe and hazard free manner at all times
- Ensure full compliance with Health and Safety requirements and legislation in accordance with NIHE policy and procedures.
- The above duties reflect the main elements associated with this position and are not intended to be exhaustive.
Candidates must be Access NI cleared prior to taking up appointment.
Please note this job will close at 4pm on the 15th September
- Candidates must be a time served mechanic with 3 of the last 5 years spent in a similar working environment carrying out similar duties
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Light Motor Vehicle Repair Studies.
- Full driving licence with no more than 3 penalty points
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Jamie Leetch will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.