Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client, established in 1937, one of the world's leading engineering businesses are seeking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their existing team, based at their site in Cavan town
Over the past number of years, they have a unique and diverse portfolio range and have been aggressively investing in R&D, product certifications, product quality, productivity enhancement and operational excellence - this is an exciting time to join their team
As the Mechanical Design Engineer your duties will include
- To translate customer expectation into mechanical design that can be profitably made in the plant.
- Create detailed drawings and BOM'S for production & logistics.
- Design transformers for ease of manufacture and to ensure optimal costs.
- Make recommendations to customers and business.
- Collaborate with production for quality first time.
- Preparation of costings, specs, drawings and technical details for customers.
- Direction and co-ordination of prototypes manufacture.
- Liaison with R&D to improve efficiencies
- Optimising design to the customer specification.
- Preparation of instructions and drawings for use on the factory floor.
- Preparation, control and updating technical and material specifications
Hours of work: Mon - Fri 8.15am - 4.45pm
The ideal candidate for the Mechanical Design Engineer role will possess
- Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong organisational and planning skills with ability to prioritise.
- Working with design packages, CAD, ProE, etc
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication
- Previous SAP experience.
- Strong work ethic and self-starter.
- Analytical and detail orientated.
- Good Time Management and Decision Making Skills
- Preferable experience in a manufacturing environment/manufacturing best practice
- Experience with internal standards and quality conformance metrics
- Highly proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Requirement to both work on-site and to travel for business.
- Full clean driving license
**Applicants must be authorised to work in the UK and Ireland. We are unable to sponsor or take over the sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.**
- Excellent salary
- Free Parking
- Health cash scheme
- Discounts of local retailers, gym & swimming pool.
- Bike to work scheme
- Christmas Voucher Bonus
- Personal & Professional growth through external courses and company education funding support
Why use Staffline?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1986, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For further information please contact Una and apply with your up-to-date CV by clicking the button.