Staffline are working in partnership with Caterpillar to recruit for a Mechanical Engineer based in Larne.
Hours: 37.5 (Flexible)
Duration: 12 months pending review
Job Summary/Main Purpose:
The successful candidate will report to the Larne Engineering Maintenance Manager and will primarily carry out the Product Maintenance duties. Key responsibilities will include supporting all aspects of Genset production including problem diagnosis and resolution to ensure orders flow through the production facility to meet committed ship dates. Particular focus will be to refine and improve product designs to meet the needs of the customer providing superior performance, best cost, durability, quality, and serviceability.
- Processing of engineering drawings & data in line with company procedures & systems
- Supporting the heavy fabrications area in the manufacture and assembly of new tank-base and mechanical structure related designs
- Supporting the light fabrications area in the manufacture and assembly of enclosure designs
- Supporting the Genset production bays
- Performing complex analysis work, identifying and resolving design problems
- Providing technical leadership to Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, Marketing, Sales, Service and other areas.
- Providing technical guidance on product and processes
- Communicating technical information team members, suppliers and other departments in a concise and accurate manner
- Keeping up to date on new technologies and / or developing new technologies
- Providing technical and general guidance to other engineers as required
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering and substantial relevant experience.
Candidates with a lesser qualification in Mechanical Engineering should have significantly more relevant experience.
N.B. Relevant experience should include:
- Experience of working in a design/development environment
- Experience of creating and interpreting engineering drawings
- Experience of using a 2d/3d design package
- Experience of enclosure / package design for mechanical components.
- Experience of working in a generating set or engine test environment.
- Working knowledge of generator sets
- Experience of PTC Creo (Formerly ProEngineer)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Previous Caterpillar experience
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.