- Provide, collate and promote cost reduction ideas both for in-house manufactured and purchased products and components.
- Progression of Cost Reduction Ideas to meet defined targets.
- Oversight/Support for Mechanical Engineering team in terms of design and development of Solutions products and components to promote cost saving idea introduction.
- Provide technical support to Purchasing and Supply Chain departments to ensure standards compliance for products and components.
- Providing technical and general guidance to engineers as required.
- Specification and requisition of production materials for manufacture and finished components for assembly.
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline with extensive work-related experience
- A HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline (or equivalent) along with considerably more work experience.
- Previous experience of working in engineering cost reduction projects.
- Previous experience of a product design/development environment
- Working experience of a production environment
- Ability to create and interpret engineering drawings in accordance with recognised standards.
- Experience of working with Creo or similar 3D Modelling Software in a previous role.
- Experience of working with Auto-Cad or similar 2D drafting software in a previous role.
- Experience of working with SAP or similar Bill of Materials software in a previous role.
- A competent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.