Staffline Recruitment Cork are welcoming applications for a full time Maintenance Fitter for our client based in Cork.
The Maintenance Fitter is required for a Maintenance role within a high-volume food production environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for the efficient and effective maintenance of the factory equipment and facility.
This role requires a high degree of flexibility, responsiveness, and problem solving. The ideal candidate must have the ability to work on his/her own initiative and be able to prioritise work flow in a busy fast paced environment.
- Execution of all maintenance-based activities including Corrective / Preventative / Production Support / Calibrations / Electrical work, in accordance with site GMP (good manufacturing practices) and safety standards.
- Mechanical fitter responsibilities to include maintenance and repair of bakery equipment to minimise downtime and lost production
- Electrical / instrument craft responsibilities to include maintenance and repair of electrical systems, instrumentation, trouble shooting and issue resolution on electrical control systems would be advantageous
- Maintain a permanent, accurate and full record of all work utilising the site recording system
- Adheres to the required GMP and maintains the area in a clean and tidy condition in line with the site safety and quality excellence principles
- Maintains safe working conditions for operators, maintenance and other personnel working in the area in line with the site safety and quality excellence principles
- Participating, Leading and Implementation of new technology projects and future plans
- Engagement with site maintenance, training, safety, quality, and learning systems
- Engagement and active participation in continuous improvement teams striving for excellence in site fundamentals
- Engage and develop working relationships with factory personnel to ensure equipment issues/concerns are highlighted to you directly
Education / Work Experience
- Relevant trades qualification desirable
- Minimum of 4 years experience within a maintenance environment, ideally food/beverage
- Working knowledge of bakery machines would be advantageous
- Excellent trouble shooting and decision making skills
- Ability to work on own initiative in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision
- Have a flexible approach to working hours. (shift work, overtime and on-call)
- Must have excellent English including technical English