Media and Marketing Officer
Staffline are recruiting on behalf of our Public Sector client, for a Media and Marketing Officer on a temporary basis based in Antrim.
Role: Media and Marketing Officer
Rate of Pay: £15.78 per hour
Hours: 37 hours per week
Main Purpose of the role:
The Media and Marketing Officer will be expected to contribute to the delivery of a full range of marketing and communications functions across the Council. The post holder will report to the Lead Media and Marketing Officer.
- Prepare media and marketing plans for specific services areas/Council departments in line with the Council's corporate plan, departmental business plans and the Council, Communication Strategy.
- Work with customer services section and service managers to ensure that a research plan is in place to inform future service provision and marketing and PR activity.
- Keep up to date with service sales, usage, uptake data specific trends and sector developments to inform service provision and marketing and PR activity.
- Respond to media queries and where necessary liaise with CLT, Head of Communication and Customer Services and Elected Members and other Council Officers to research and agree responses to the media enquiries
- Brief Council Officers and Members on media issues to prepare for any media contact, including interviews
- Manage media relations, acting as point of contact in handling external media queries, requests for PR assistance form internal customers and promoting positive news about the council on a daily basis.
- Update the Council's Media Plan, plan and carry out appropriate media activity to support the delivery of the plan. Researching and drafting press releases/statement.
- To attend Council and Committee meetings and provide Elected Members and Council Officers with professional advice on aspects of media relations.
- Manage media activity at PR and other events to maximise PR opportunities
- Monitor on a daily basis local and regional media coverage and highlight any issues of interest to the Media and Marketing Manager.
- Utilising the online media monitoring portal, prepare reports for media evaluation
- Work with service areas to develop marketing information and customer friendly material for the Council's Websites.
- Develop e-marketing opportunities where appropriate to support KPI.
- Research, write and edit content for the staff intranet.
- Research, prepare and draft speeches for elected members and senior Officers when acting as Council representatives.
- Any other duties required by management
Third level Qualification
Possess at least 3 years recent broad based experience in a wide range of Marketing and PR activities as detailed below
Possess at least 2 years recent experience in a wide range of Marketing and PR activities of products and/or services to include experience of the following:
- Managing media relations
- Coordinating and managing major events
- Preparing and producing publications
- Awareness of Managing Financial Budgets
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations or Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- Previous experience of working within Local Government in a Marketing and PR role.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.