Media & Stakeholder Engagment Officer
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Media & Stakeholder Engagement Officer to start ASAP for a duration of 4 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.00per hour
13+ week's £19.20per hour
Location: Belfast, BT1
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
The post holder will be responsible for the functional areas of media relations, public affairs and key stakeholder engagement (elected representatives, media and opinion formers)
The post holder will be responsible for implementing and managing a proactive media relations and public affairs plan to maximise positive publicity for the College and to build understanding, commitment and engagement for Belfast Met's strategy and plans.
The post holder will support the Head of Corporate Communications and Marketing in implementing a high level political relationship and stakeholder engagement programme in support of the College's corporate objectives.
The post holder will advise members of the College Senior Management team, on specific media relations matters through the line management structure, where appropriate.
- Possess a qualification at HNC/HND level, or higher, in a relevant discipline
- Substantial experience in media relations in/for a large complex organisation. This experience must be at a strategic level.
- A minimum of 5 years experience of implementing significant media relations, political relationship programmes and public affairs campaigns to support corporate objectives
- Experience of working and influencing at a senior management level and advising senior management on specific media issues in a large complex organisation
- Significant experience of managing a press office, writing speeches and corporate copy
- Proven experience in implementing crisis communication strategies and providing advice in relation to the management of the corporate reputation of the College
- Experience in a management role involving planning, management and evaluation of strategic projects relevant to media and/or corporate relations
- Evidence of effective media handling and developing strategic networks with the media and/or politicians
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to proactively create and maintain effective working relationships with a varied range of key influencers and stakeholders
- Leadership and Management
- Human Resource Management
- Media Relations
- Public Affairs and Political Relations
- Key Stakeholder Engagement
- Crisis Management
- Training and Corporate Communications
- Performance Management and Continuous Improvement
Full job description is available on request.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland