Temporary Medical Secretary required for a large public sector organisation based at through the Belfast Trust.
Rate of Pay: £11.20 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: 6 months pending review
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will provide a comprehensive secretarial and administrative service to the Day Procedure Unit in the Belfast City Hospital.
- To provide a secretarial and administrative service to Consultant Staff or group of Consultants and their teams as required ensuring efficiency in patient care.
- To act as a team leader within the office to ensure workloads are completed and maintained.
- To act as a point of contact for all forms of communication between the Consultant, patients, relatives, all hospital staff, General Practitioners and their staff and outside agencies..
- Effectively deal with telephone calls from patients, relatives, hospital staff and General Practitioners and other individuals or organizations, taking messages, ensuring follow-up and resolving any problems as appropriate
- Ensure timely completion of clinical coding.
- To type and process clinic and discharge letters using audio dictation, and/or word processing methods as required, and ensure all follow up actions are completed in accordance with local policies and procedures.
- To deal with incoming and outgoing correspondence as required, providing information, directing and prioritizing queries as appropriate, to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
- To maintain records both manual and computerised in an accurate and timely way and in accordance with local policies and procedures. Extract, collate and summarise data to enable preparation of standard verbal, written or statistical reports or returns.
- Assist in clinic preparation when required and ensure availability of notes for DPU lists.
- When required, book patients on to the theatre management system.
- Provide cover to DPU reception as necessary to ensure smooth running of the department.
- To liaise with other departments as required both internally and externally to the Trust e.g. other Hospitals, General Practitioners.
- To manage the tracking of patient records in accordance with local policies and procedures.
- Participate in meetings and take appropriate action in line with service provision.
- Record and process referrals on the appropriate IT system and undertake checks in line with service protocols and procedures.
- Maintain and record information in relation to statutory procedures and notify appropriate Authority.
- To participate in Quality Assurance exercises as required
- To ensure that relevant Trust Risk Management and quality assurance policies and systems (including clinical governance and controls assurance) are adhered to.
- To assist in the induction and training of new staff to the department as required.
- Provide cover for staff during periods of sick/annual leave.
- Such other duties as may be assigned.
- This job description is an outline of the post as it is currently perceived by the Trust and may be subject to review as a result of development of this new service.
- RSA / OCR Stage II Text Processing Part I and Part II (Word Processing/Typewriting) or equivalent
- Four GCSE's Grade C or above (to include English Language) or equivalent and 1 years secretarial/administrative experience*.
- NVQ Level 2 in Administration and 2 years secretarial/administrative experience
- 3 year's secretarial experience* and GCSE Grade C or above in English Language or equivalent
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.