Temporary Medical Secretary required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Rate of Pay: £11.20
Location: Royal Victoria Hospital
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
To provide a comprehensive secretarial and administrative service to Consultant Medical Staff or group of Medical Consultants, their teams and the Clinical team within an assigned Service Group
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
For each of the following, the post holder will;
- Provide a secretarial and administrative service to Consultant medical Staff or group of Medical Consultants and their teams as required ensuring efficiency in patient care.
- Manage the Consultants/Team diary to ensure effective time management.
- Act as a point of contact for all forms of communication between the Consultant, patients, relatives, all hospital staff, General Practitioners and their staff and outside agencies.
- Effectively deal with telephone calls from patients, relatives, hospital staff and General Practitioners and other individuals or organisations, taking messages, ensuring follow-up and resolving any problems as appropriate.
- Type and process clinic and discharge letters using audio dictation, and/or word processing in methods as required, and ensure all follow up actions are completed in accordance with local policies and procedures.
- Deal with incoming and outgoing correspondence as required, providing information, directing and prioritising queries as appropriate, to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
- Maintain records both manual and computerised in an accurate and timely way and in accordance with local policies and procedures. Extract, collate and summarise data to enable preparation of standard verbal, written or statistical reports or returns.
- Liaise with other departments as required both internally and externally to the Trust e.g. other Hospitals, General Practitioners.
- Manage Waiting lists in line with standards and protocols.
- Manage the tracking of patient records in accordance with local policies and procedures.
- Participate in meeting and take appropriate action in line with service provision.
- Record and process referrals on the appropriate IT system and undertake checks in line with service protocols and procedures.
- Participate in Quality Assurance exercises as required.
- Ensure that relevant Trust Risk Management and quality assurance policies and systems (including clinical governance and controls assurance) are adhered to.
- Lead a team of administrative and secretarial staff to provide a comprehensive service to Consultant medical staff and Clinical team.
- Such other duties as may be assigned.
- Four GCSE's Grade C/4 or above (to include English Language) or equivalent and 2 years secretarial / administrative experience.*
- NVQ Level 2 in Administration and 2 years secretarial/administrative experience.*
- AMPSPAR and 2 years secretarial experience.*
- RSA / OCR Stage II Text Processing Part I and Part II (Word processing /Typewriting) or equivalent. OR 12 months typing experience, to include the typing of reports, formatting & circulation of correspondence, use of Microsoft packages (WORD, EXCEL etc) & general word processing.
- Audio typing qualification or 2 years' experience of audio typing in a Healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* one year's experience must have been in a Health and Social Care setting.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with various grades and professions.
- The flexibility to work in a changing environment.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend appropriate solutions.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.