Medico-Legal Services Assistant Band 3
Medico-Legal Services Assistant
The Client: Local Public body based in Newry, serving local residents.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the operation of efficient and effective systems with regard to the management of medico-legal requests.
- Efficient and accurate administration and maintenance of the Trust's medico-legal Database (and Claims Database as and when required)
- Open, sort, record and distribute post received by the Litigation Department, when required. Responsible for ensuring outgoing post is sent each day.
- Responsible for requesting health records (and any other associated information) relevant to a request and maintaining effective and efficient tracer and bring forward systems for all medico-legal requests. This will involve the use of Patient Centre, Clinical Manager, etc.
- Copying of health and/or social care records.
- Attend Emergency Department (ED) filing rooms, when required, to retrieve relevant ED records and copy same. Return ED records to appropriate place when copy has been taken.
- Ensure that health records are stored efficiently and effectively within the Litigation Department eliminating risks to loss or breach of data.
- Correspond with Solicitors regarding medico-legal requests
- Responsible for maintaining accurate record of all payments received and following up on outstanding payments
- Attend Crown, High and County Courts if required.
- Assist in the production of reports and collation of statistical information regarding medico-legal requests.
- Provide cover for administration of claims and inquests as required
- Provide general administrative support to the Litigation Manager and senior Litigation Services staff in the management of any other function of the Litigation Department.
- Undertake any other duties assigned from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the Litigation Department.
- To ensure that all systems used both manual and computerised are maintained accurately at all times. Where necessary to develop filing systems to meet the needs of the service and ensure these are maintained.
Key Working Relationships
- Establish, maintain and develop close working relationships with managers and staff at all levels throughout the Trust and to interact effectively with members of the public as required.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday: 37.5 hours per week - 9am 5pm
- 4 GCSEs at Grade A-C including English Language and Maths or equivalent / higher qualification AND 1 years relevant administrative / clerical experience
- 2 years relevant administrative/clerical experience
- Rates of pay £10.40 per hour
- Holiday entitlement
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.