Members Services Assistant
Members Services Assistant
The Client: Local Public Sector body based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
The Role: To provide a comprehensive service to the Public Sector body and its Committees (including the PCSP) to ensure Meetings are held in line with legislation and Standing Orders.
- To prepare agenda, attend meetings (including unscripted and open forum with residents and other agencies), compile minutes and reports in accordance with the Public body's standing orders, regulations or legislation.
- To implement, where necessary, in an efficient and effective manner, decisions taken by committees with general correspondence and to undertake booking of conferences and courses for Members and Officers as appropriate.
- To ensure that effective manual and computerised record systems exist for all areas of responsibility, including committee decisions taken and to transfer minutes and reports to the internet.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant policy, procedures and regulations in order to be able to advise Members and Officers and to liaise with the Members, Chief Executive and Directors, representatives of government departments, statutory and community agencies and members of the public.
- To manage and organise the mobile telephone contract on behalf of the Council to include the distribution of devices throughout the Council.
- To undertake monthly processing of allowances/expenses for Members and PCSP and pass to Human Resources for payment. To undertake the annual report to the DOE in respect of Members' payments and produce annual estimates and manage the budget for the Members' Services Unit.
Hours of work: 37 hrs per week, Mon to Fri, 9am - 5pm
- A third level qualification (e.g. HNC, HND, NVQ Level 4) or equivalent.
- A minimum of three years' general clerical/administrative experience in an office environment to include word processing experience and a similar role in an office and public facing environment.
- Where applicants do not hold the qualifications as outlined in 1.1 above, they must demonstrate a minimum of six years' experience as outlined above.
- Ability to work unsociable hours on a rota basis and ability to work additional hours as required
- It is desirable that candidates have clerical/administrative experience in a similar environment i.e. one that is member service orientated
- It is desirable that candidates have experience of working with Elected Members
- It is desirable that candidates have experience of: Managing contracts; Taking minutes at formal committee meetings and writing reports; Experience in use of Decision Time or similar IT system; Processing allowances/expenses
- Rates of Pay: £16.25 per hour
- Holiday Entitlement
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.