Messenger (Legal Services)
Rate of Pay: £9.99
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
To be responsible to the Business Support Assistant to ensure a fast and efficient collection and delivery of all correspondence, forms, supplies and documents around the various sections of the department and delivering all mail to the client, the courts, government and Solicitor's offices within the city centre and to the Post Office.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To regularly collect mail from the post box at the City Hall back entrance.
- To continuously collect letters and documents for processing from the various offices and deliver to the Business Support Clerks, distributing same back to the offices when completed.
- To receive signed mail, which is sorted into City Hall deliveries, central area deliveries, DX system and that for posting.
- To deliver internal mail to the various departments within the City Hall, Cecil Ward Building and 9 Adelaide.
- To make up central area deliveries, checking that enclosures are with the correct letter and that enclosures are signed if necessary.
- To deliver to the relevant solicitors' and government offices and DX system.
- To make up mail for posting, entering in post book, making out recorded delivery slips and AR cards and deliver to the Office of the Chief Executive for franking.
- To collect and deliver stationery supplies, books and filing cases around the various offices and stores within the department.
- To take Stamp Duty dockets to the cashier to obtain cheque or cash for stamping documents in the Stamp Office. After due time collect documents from the Stamp Office and where necessary lodge in the Registry of Deeds or the Land Registry paying the necessary fees. Collect documents after registration.
- To enter Appearance in the High Court and lodge documents in the High Court and County Court.
- Upon instruction from professional staff conduct searches in the following agencies:-
- Land Registry - search folios for details of land ownership including outstanding applications, inspect maps and folios and requests appropriate copies.
- EJO - Enforcement of Judgements Office - search for previous judgements against parties.
- Bankruptcy - search on personal details for bankruptcy notices.
- Registrar of Companies - search on annual returns.
- Registry of Deeds - search against properties to ascertain ownership and request copy memorials.
- To look after completed files in various locations.
- To get out documents from the strong rooms.
- To photocopy, assemble, catalogue and bind documents, briefs, etc.
- To keep the Library tidy and update publications in binders.
- To undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time be required.
Applicants must have at least one year's relevant experience of carrying out a messenger service including the collection and delivery of mail and other items across multiple locations.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Robyn Barry. Robyn.Barry@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.