Temporary Meter Reader required for a large public sector client based in Seagoe.
Rate of Pay: £12.34 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: 6 months pending review
- Reading, recording and reporting on meters within the NI Water billing system, submitting reads using handheld units and PC/laptop
- Reporting data inaccuracies
- Identifying misuse or fraudulent activity and ensuring this is reported
- Reporting issues that prevent reads from taking place, damage to or visible faults with meters, stopcocks and meter boxes and raising jobs to rectify such issues.
- Installation of new meters
- Assisting with metering and billing led initiatives
- Identify properties which may be unmetered
- Maintain regular communication with those with which there is a Key Working Relationship (Field Manager and Senior Management as appropriate)
- Ensure that key processes are uniformly followed, maintained and improved where appropriate
- Actively contribute towards Business Improvement projects / Continuous Improvement and the achievement of team KPIs
- Adjust functional rules to meet operational needs (in line with Function and Field Manager targets)
- Ensure a high level of compliance and customer service is delivered
- A minimum 2 GCSE's in English & Maths or equivalent at Grade C or above
- Experience working in a customer interface environment.
- Basic knowledge and experience of using computer applications such as Microsoft Outlook and Internet Explorer or similar.
- Working knowledge of Meter Reading applications, i.e. reading and identification of meter types
- The ability to interpret basic technical drawings/knowledge of mapping systems
- A current valid driving license to enable you to fulfil your responsibilities
- A requirement to participate in an out of hours on-call and overtime rota as well as a requirement to work overtime; including weekends and public and privilege holidays
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a basic Access NI Disclosure check at £18. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.