Rate of Pay: £10.01
Location: City Hall
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
To be responsible to the Cleaning and Portering Manager for:
- carrying out cyclical, routine and occasional cleaning duties at the client's public conveniences and any other properties assigned, using all vehicles and equipment provided;
- opening and securing any or all assigned properties as directed;
- assisting other cleaning and portering staff in carrying out cleaning, portering, labouring and function preparation work as directed; and
- ensuring that all consumables and supplies are effectively utilised and replenished as necessary.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To carry out as directed all cyclical, routine and occasional cleaning duties to the interior and exterior of all assigned public conveniences and other buildings and property in all areas of the city, using all equipment and materials supplied.
- To be responsible where required for the timely opening, closing and securing of any/all assigned premises, including but not limited to the priming of alarm systems, closing of shutters etc on the basis of schedules, rotas and routes as supplied.
- To replenish consumables and supplies at all sites as required.
- To drive and be responsible for a client-supplied vehicle and any authorised passengers in all areas of the city, to load and unload materials from this vehicle as required, to ensure that the vehicle is not overloaded and to manoeuvre it safely in carrying out these duties.
- To collect and return vehicles, and to adhere to all appropriate driving regulations and guidelines (for example, carrying out driver's daily checks, completing handover procedures, observing accident procedures and drivers' procedures and other relevant duties).
- To liaise with the general public, building occupiers and other staff in a professional, effective and tactful manner.
- To ensure that all materials stocks are replenished in a timely manner, and to record details of supplies used and issued.
- To complete all required documentation in respect of cleaning logs, registers, readings and other documentation at each relevant location.
- To assist all other grades of cleaning and portering staff in the carrying out of cleaning and light function preparation work in all client locations as required.
- To carry out all duties in compliance with Health and Safety at Work legislation and client policies and procedures.
- To notify the cleaning and portering management team immediately of any existing or potential health and safety hazards at any location.
- To record any damage to the building fabric, systems or services at any of the assigned properties, and to bring this to the attention of the Cleaning and Portering Manager or supervisors as soon as practicable.
- To take part in all service, departmental and corporate training activities as required, including instructing other operatives in the use of vehicles and equipment.
- To carry out any other relevant duties as directed by the Cleaning and Portering Manager.
- To undertake the above duties in such a way as to protect and enhance the reputation and public profile of the client.
- have a full, current driving licence which enables the post-holder to drive in Northern Ireland, or access to a form of transport which enables the post-holder to carry out the duties of the post in full; and
- at least one year's relevant work experience of each of the following two areas:
- carrying out cleaning duties within a mobile cleaning environment operating across multiple locations; and
- driving commercial vehicles in an urban environment.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Robyn Barry. Robyn.Barry@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.