Multi Skilled Tradesperson Bricklayer - Plaster
MAIN GENERIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out all types of work associated with the trade, including new work, emergency work, planned maintenance and response maintenance to all buildings and sites under the control of Council.
- Have the ability to read technical drawings and specifications, and be responsible for measuring and accessing of materials required, for the carrying out of the works and obtain quotes for materials as required by the Works Supervisors.
- Operate and maintain tools and other specialised equipment such as power tools including equipment required to carry out any of the duties pertaining to the post, ensuring daily safety checks and report any faults to the works supervisor.
- To ensure all works are carried out in a safe proper and thorough manner taking into account Health and Safety Legislation including using PPE.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining the stock of raw materials within the tradespersons workshop and van to ensure smooth delivery of the service.
- Must be able to work at height, and on mobile working platforms, scaffolding and ladders.
- Must be able to undertake work outdoors and on occasion in inclement weather conditions.
- Responsible for safe portable small scale scaffolding erection and dismantling.
- Carry out minor works contracts of a constructional nature and where necessary liaise with outside contractors and utility providers.
- Assist in the erection and dismantling of items, fittings and equipment for special events throughout the Borough.
- Carry out risk assessments for each job allocated and implement recommendations to ensure all hazards are managed
- Responsible for and driving of vans and lorries, and carrying out recording daily vehicle inspection procedure on allocated vehicle, and completing records/defects sheets and keeping the vehicle tidy and clean.
- Completion of time sheets, works request forms indicating materials used/required, times, work undertaking etc
- Be prepared to work overtime when requested (including public or bank holidays if available.
- Be prepared to attend emergency calls outside of normal working hours, if available.
- Be prepared to attend training courses including practical/exam/tests as deemed necessary and accept all highlighted responsibilities. To assist in the training of other staff including passing on skills and knowledge to lower graded staff and staff placements.
- Use of communication systems (eg. Mobile phones) for emergency calls.
- Where appropriate act as a key holder for Council maintenance yard and any other Council premises.
RESPONSIBILITIES SPECIFIC TO THIS ROLE
- Undertake new work and repairs of stonework.
- Undertake all types of brick and blockwork, including special bricks, brick paviers, mortars, foundations.
- Perform minor plastering repairs, internal and externa
- Proficient use of equipment including mixers, vibrating plates, stone-saws, grinders, rollers etc.
- Ensure work sites are kept in a safe and tidy manner.
Applicants must have minimum of 5 GCSEs to include Maths and English Language (Grade C or above) or equivalent qualifications to demonstrate literacy and numeracy.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have served a 4 years' Apprenticeship(and an additional 4 years' experience in a bricklaying/plastering environment if they do not have the academic requirement in Criteria 1) for bricklaying/plastering
Hold a current CSR card for Bricklaying/Plastering
A full current driving licence valid in the UK and access to a vehicle OR have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post (Applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act)
Full time temporary role 37hrs per week
£12.60 per hr
Please forward cv by 10am on Friday 29th November 2019 or should you have any questions please contact Ashleigh on 028 25632223