Multi-skilled Line Technician - Permanent
Staffline are currently recruiting for a Multi-skilled Line Technician for our long standing established clients based in Ballymena. The Client is a world class, innovative soft drinks manufacturer specialising in brand and retailer co pack manufacturing for the global market, offering quality and flexibility to our customers. This is a Full-time Permanent role
Purpose of Role:
- Responsible for supporting the development and implementation of Company strategy. Act as a driver for change and continuous improvement. You will have the opportunity to influence change and drive business agenda, particularly those initiatives affecting you and your line, and to ensure that communication becomes a 2-way channel focused on honesty, integrity, and transparency.
- Under the direction of the Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer, you will proactively perform technical and operational duties to ensure customer orders are fulfilled while also ensuring the highest standard of food safety and quality. You will also be responsible for ensuring that all Company procedures and policies are followed on the line, whilst prioritising safety, quality, environmental aspects, and efficiency to meet the goals of the company.
- Actively support and assist Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer with all operational functions including, breakdowns, machine cover, problem solving, data collection and where appropriate routine machine running during absences/holidays
- Actively support and assist Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer with all operational functions including, breakdowns, machine cover, problem solving, data collection and where appropriate routine machine running during absences/holidays.
- Contribute towards achieving and maintaining a positive team and working environment, working in a cooperative manner, and providing support to work colleagues on your line as needed and adapting to change in a positive and professional manner.
- Communicate in a respectful, professional, and timely manner with Managers, work colleagues and wider team to maintain continuity of production and ensure a safe, efficient working environment for all.
- Set up equipment and complete changeovers as directed by Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer or Shift Lead in a timely and accurate manner and vigilantly monitor machine operation for signs of impending problems, addressing any problems promptly to minimise downtime.
- Perform duties to the highest standard adhering to standard operating procedures in a safe and efficient manner to maximise production and achieve targets.
- Promote accident prevention on your line by adhering to all safety guidelines and standards, ensuring that the correct PPE is always being worn and encourage active participation in all required training. Report any safety accidents/incidents to H & S Officer / QSE Manager and identify, communicate, and eliminate potential hazards.
- Responsible for machine operation during periods of absence / illness and / or production requirements.
- Actively investigate faults ensuring root cause is determined and follow up on actions to sustain improvements. In the event of routine/standard breakdowns across the production lines. In the case of non-standard faults escalate to shift lead.
- Responsible for maintaining documentation associated with operations and ensure that all monitoring systems required by the Company are completed accurately to ensure that filling conditions are checked in accordance with laid down quality procedures.
- Proactively monitor waste to ensure that wastage of product is kept to a minimum and that paper/bottle wastage is also minimised. Ensure machine shut downs are performed at the correct times as per schedule.
- Assist in ensuring that all machinery and the immediate area around the machinery on all lines are maintained to the highest standards of housekeeping and hygiene, in line with regulatory, company and customer requirements, highlight any non-conforming areas to Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer.
- Conduct basic routine maintenance of equipment (i.e., PM's) where required and ensure that procedures are followed accurately and that all necessary paperwork is completed.
- Comply with all hygiene, environmental and health and safety instructions provided and safeguard your own health and safety and that of others on your line who may be affected by your actions.
- Undertake tasks and projects from time to time as may be reasonably required of you by Management in connection with your duties, e.g., participation in major maintenance projects in conjunction with the maintenance team.
- Main duties will be focused on planned maintenance, machine operation and machine preparation for production.
- Responsible for learning all technical duties and adhering to training plan.
- Any other duties and tasks deemed to be within competence and within reason.
- Uphold and consistently demonstrate the Company Values.
- Demonstrate high integrity by being always open and honest.Build great relationships with those you work with, both internally and externally.
- Work with managers to implement the company's policies and goals.
- Take time to recognise others and celebrate their achievements.
- Demonstrate drive to make a positive difference to business performance.
- Develop and apply self-awareness, get to know your own strengths and development needs.
Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent communication skills with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong communicator, with the ability to make decisions and liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Take ownership and accountability
- Working towards NVQ / BTEC Electrical or Level 2 eqv
- Working towards NVQ / BTEC Mechanical or Level 2 eqv
- Time Served Apprenticeship, and/or 2 / 3 Yrs. Manufacturing Machinery Experience
Hours of work:
- 12 hour shifts 7-7 Days and Nights working on a rota
Rate of Pay:
- £11.50 - £14.50 Plus 15% Shift Allowance
If you would like to discuss this role further please contact Grace Fleming on 028 2564 2699 or email me at email@example.com