Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballycastle require Museum Attendants to join their team.
Role : Museum Attendants
Location : Ballycastle
Hours of work : Monday to Saturday 10am to 6pm Sunday 2pm to 6pm
On a roster basis : 3 days one week and 4 days the next
Hourly Rate : £9.50 p/hr
Main Duties :
- Providing a welcoming and knowledgeable service in the provision of information and guidance to the public on the artefacts on display and heritage of the area.
- Supervision of the museum and assisting with operational running.
- Opening, closing and security of building. Setting alarms when appropriate. Key holding responsibilities.
- Responsibility for all the items and artefacts in the building.
- To ensure preservation of all materials by taking appropriate steps, with respect to temperature, humidity and lighting and to attend to the physical security.
- Assist with the preparation and setting up of exhibition/displays and interpretative material, participation in the organisation and running of events.
- Supervision of the general public/visitors answering queries.
- Ensure Health & Safety requirements are adhered to.
- Some general cleaning duties within the museum will be required.
- Maintaining visitor information displays and children activity area.
- Assist with Documentation of collection.
- Maintaining all daily records as instructed including day book, incidence reporting and visitor statistics.
- The successful candidate will have to provide their own transportation to and from work.
- To promote a positive approach to Fair Employment, Equal Opportunities.
- To undertake all duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the Council.
Full Job Description available on request
Essential Criteria :
- Have two months experience dealing with the public in a working environment.
- Good general knowledge of the history of the area.
- Available to work 7 days each fortnight during June - August.
- 3 GCSE's (grades A-C) including English and Maths or equivalent qualifications;
- Experience of working with arts/crafts/museum artefacts.
- 3 months of museum documentation experience.
- 3 months administrative or clerical experience using Office package.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.