Museum Services Assistant
Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballymoney require a Museum Services Assistant to join their team.
Role : Museum Services Assistant
Location : Ballymoney Town Hall
Hours of Work : 14.8 hrs per week, over 2 days
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £9.25 13 weeks + £10.41
Main Duties :
- To assist Museum Service Officers with all aspects of collections management and museum programming.
- Assist the Museum Officers with documentation of museum collections to Spectrum standard using MODES Complete software including:- accession numbering, marking of numbers on objects, recording provenance details , maintaining location records, recording and measuring objects, photographing or scanning each item, recording maker, user and materials, and cross referencing objects.
- To keep a record of the movement of objects with the relevant paperwork.
- Assisting the Museum Officers with collections research to support the Museums Programme
- Assisting the Museum Officers with packing and protection of collection and the labelling of boxes.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- Applicants must, as at the closing date for receipt of application have:
- Third level qualification or equivalent in museum studies
- 6 months experience of documenting a museum collection using Museum Documentation software
- One years' experience of working in a museum and have 6 months experience of documenting a museum collection using Museum Documentation software
- One year's experience working with computerised systems including Microsoft Office Software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access with a working knowledge of Spectrum Museum Documentation procedures.
- Knowledge of UK Museum Accreditation Scheme · Ability to work on own initiative, to organise, prioritise assigned work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high standard of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Deal effectively with the public in a polite and professional manner.
- Good working knowledge of Museum Documentation Software and Microsoft Office Software.
A current full, Category B (car), Driving Licence valid in the UK and access to a car or *have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post. *Applies only to applicants who have a disability under Disability Discrimination Act.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.