Museum Services Officer
Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballymoney require a Museum Services Officer.
Role : Museum Services Officer
Location : Ballymoney
Hours of work :37 hrs per week ( may include some evening and weekend work )
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £12.10 13 weeks + £13.99
Main Duties :
- Responsible for the delivery of the museums' collections plans to ensure that Council maintains UK Accreditation standard for collections.
- Responsible for the delivery of a programme of museum projects, exhibitions, events and publications to achieve the aims and objectives contained within the Culture, Arts and Heritage Strategy.
- Responsible for providing access to the Council's museum collections.
- Responsible for the day to day operation of the Council's museums.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- A third level academic qualification
- A minimum of 2 years' experience of museum collections management.
- 4 years' experience in museum collections management
- At least one year's experience of coordinating and delivering interpretative projects including one or more of the following: exhibitions, publications and/or education materials
- Experience of working with community groups
- Understanding of issues impacting on museum service delivery.
- A clear understanding of the workings of local government and the wider environment in which it operates.
- Computer literacy - ability to use a wide variety of computer programmes, eg word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.