Netowrk and Security Engineer
Role: Network and Security Engineer
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit Network and Security Engineer.
An exciting role to join a fast paced company who is going through a rapid growth period. The role will require the candidate to have a solid knowledge of networking and information security, along with support operational procedures.
You will be responsible for supporting and upgrading both internal and remote networks in this very technical role.
· Supporting all network and security infrastructure (LAN/WAN, Firewalls, WAF, etc.)
· Perform troubleshooting of network alerts on supported technology platforms
· Analyse and determine security requirements, research information security standards, conduct system security and vulnerability analysis and risk assessments
· Identifying security gaps and find the solution to enhance security systems
· Implementing new systems and continuous improvement
· Design, manage and monitor an event and threat management system spanning multiple l locations
· An ability to present and explain the security feature of the Camlin infrastructure to potential and existing customers
· Perform daily tasks and provide clear and concise updates to internal teams and external clients
· Engage with providers to ensure ongoing reliable service delivery
· Participation in the on-call rotation schedule
· A minimum of 5 years relevant experience as network engineer.
· Experience in either Web Application Security or Network security
· Good understanding of Firewalls and Network Infrastructure
· Knowledge of LAN / WAN / WLAN Management
· Understanding of storage networks and data centre technologies
· Be able to pick up new technologies quickly
· Experience with OWASP testing Guide / Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual
· Knowledge of networking protocols, the network stack and DDoS attacks and defences.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related
· Ability to review and recommend technical, administrative and physical controls to mitigate risk.
· Excellent communication skills both written and oral in English.
· Excellent telephone manner. Some support will be provided over the phone.
· Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
· Experience working in a SCRUM environment.
· AWS Knowledge.
· CCNA or CISSP qualified or working towards this
· Passion for networking and cyber security
The successful candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to grow and develop professionally within a dynamic IT company.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.