Networks Leakage Technician
Networks Leakage Technician
Networks Leakage Technician required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Salary: £25,464.57 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: ASAP - March 2023
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
To carry out field-based leakage detection and unaccounted water investigations within Northern Ireland Water's water network and contribute to achieving regulatory and corporate leakage reduction targets.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
For each of the following, the postholder will;
- Form an integral element of the Leakage Services Team.
- Investigate and resolve high DMA night flows through the utilisation of advanced leak detection and water audit skills
- Undertake leakage detection and location activity using acoustic sounding and correlation techniques, including the use of advanced correlating acoustic loggers.
- Undertake acoustic logger surveys, including data analysis, and follow-up leakage detection to resolve DMA leakage
- Undertake complex step test activity including the design, planning and valve operations to quantify and localise areas of demand and/or leakage.
- Undertake pressure zero activity including the design, planning and valve operations to prove DMA integrity.
- Undertake DMA boundary valve checks and contribute to the effective management/maintenance of DMAs.
- Undertake pressure-logging operations including setup, installation, retrieval, download and data analysis.
- Assess PRV performance and take action where appropriate.
- Undertake flow logging operations including set up, installation, retrieval, download and data analysis
- Undertake accuracy checks on flow meters and logging equipment through survey and flow tests.
- Undertake noise logging activities and data analysis
- Identify potential and confirm actual night usage by customers
- Liaison with MWM Work Controllers to ensure effective use of own resource
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety, EMS and quality requirements
- Be a point of contact as appropriate when L5 Field Manager is absent
- Undertake Leakage Technician duties in other Field Manager areas as per business requirements
- Participate in night as well as day working duties as required by the role and the need to achieve business objectives
- Undertake complex customer side leakage investigation and determine follow-on action to be taken
- Liaison with customers in relation to both complex leakage and pressure activities
- Inform customers of actions to be taken
- Collect all relevant information in relation to customers to allow leakage notice procedure or other relevant procedure to be applied.
- Two years' experience in a Leakage Detection or Networks Water environment
- Excellent understanding of detection techniques, DMA maintenance & management
- Competent in the use of leakage detection equipment
- An excellent understanding of networks distribution systems
- Fully trained/current regarding refresher training or medically fit medically fit to undertake mandatory elements of H&S training including street works, manual handling and confined space work. Please note that due to Health & Safety regulations there is a maximum weight limit of 120kgs (excluding equipment) for confined spaces work.
- Competent in the use of computer and IT equipment.
- A current valid driving licence to enable you to fulfil your responsibilities
- A requirement to carry out planned and unplanned overtime as required to fulfil the needs of the role
- Potential employees must have a permanent residence within 25 miles travelling distance by public road to the Camcosy Water Pumping Station Rousky Omagh BT79 9RW or 25 miles traveling distance by public road to Loughfea Water Treatment Works 15a Ballybriest rd Ballybriest Cookstown BT80 9TY. As measured by RAC Route Planner from full postcode to full postcode via the 'shortest route' selection on the website. This is to enable NI Water to meet its key customer service requirements and deliver effective services to customers, particularly in respect of the need to respond promptly to out of hours' emergencies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A high level of technical skills (leakage monitoring techniques and equipment) with ability to analyse data
- An understanding of PRV maintenance
- An understanding of MWM procedures
- An understanding of Leakage Notice process, customer issues and relevant codes of practice.
- Willing to complete Level 3 NVQ or similar in Leakage Detection.
- Ability to help field staff on improved detection techniques
- Completes work activity in an efficient, timely and accurate manner
- Takes ownership and responsibility for quality of work
- Ensures work is conducted and completed to the appropriate standards
- Monitors own progress against deadlines
- Accepts ownership and accountability for results
- Displays a continuous drive for improvement
CAN DO / WILL DO
- Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish
- Is resilient and determined achieves through repeated effort
- Seeks appropriate input/advice from others when making decisions
- Takes initiative (when appropriate) to work under their own direction
- Works to ensure the team vision/goal is achieved
- Behaves in a fair and consistent manner
- Shows genuine respect for others
- Aware of own behaviour and its impact on other team members
- Is open and honest
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.