New Product Development Lead
In your new role as NPD Lead you will support and assist the NPD manager and product development chef to develop products for this food manufacturing company. You will also have a close link with all departments in order to co-ordinate and drive NPD of all products throughout the business from concept to launch process and setting up and maintaining standards.
As NPD Lead you will echo the quality, legality and authenticity of our clients values and give customers the opportunity to achieve their extraordinary results through the passion they have for their people and food.
- Management of key customer accounts, liaising directly with customers to report on project status & timelines
- Representing dept. in customer and inhouse meetings
- Ability to prepare and lead NPD dept. in customer & technical audits
- Completion of customer portals
- Liaising with NPD Manager, Sales Team, NPD Chef, Purchasing and Finance to help with the development and introduce new products / ranges to the business.
- Assist in the development & integration of new products.
- Ensure product samples sent to customers have been made as required and according to specification and customer requirements / Client Requirements prior to despatch.
- Issuing and updating production specifications as and when required
- Conducting quality assessments of product on an ongoing basis to include: taste testing and compliance to specification and competitor analysis
- Monitoring of existing and new products to ensure product safety and quality meets product specifications.
- Assist Technical to ensure WIP allergen information and risk assessment information is maintained up to date on an ongoing basis.
- Establish critical path / timelines for the NPD process.
- Arrange launch meetings and prepare the team as required in advance of NPD launches / changes
- Food related degree
- New Product Development experience - 3 years +
- Formal training of legal labelling compliance
- Experience of some of the below software packages
Nutritional Pro, Nice Label, Quick Design
- Experience of some of the below customer portals
Oracle, APP, Nutritics, Brandbank
In Return you will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- Free On-Site Parking
- Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing Programme
- Staff Events
- Staff Learning and Development Opportunities