New Product Development Technologist
This position may appeal to an experienced person or a graduate as training will be provided
- Completion and review of all own brand and customer product specifications ensuring they accurately reflect the product supplied
- Help determine new product opportunities and work with customers and production team to determine suitability and scheduling of same
- Bring new products from concept right through to launch.
- Maintain an internal review program to ensure all specifications are reviewed on regular basis, but also when changes have been made in process, ingredients, or suppliers
- Liaising with Quality Manager, customers and suppliers to ensure all product specifications are reviewed in time for product launches and annually thereafter
- Completion of customer submission forms, questionnaires, technical and routine requests in timely manner and to agreed deadlines
- Checking product artwork to ensure compliance with EU legal labelling regulations and customer specific requirements and codes of practice
- Maintain supplier database, raw material and packaging specifications, liaise with suppliers, and if necessary, request necessary documentation
- Supporting the quality team in conducting raw material and finished product investigations and traceability exercises
- Supporting all external audits and customer visits as required.
- Encourage and help drive the site's food safety culture, to help prevent deviation in the process that affects the safety and quality of our products
Skills & experience
- Previous experience working in the food industry and HACCP knowledge an advantage
- Excellent administration and IT skills, and high attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Methodical/meticulous approach to work but flexible enough to meet the changing needs of the business