Newly Qualified Solicitor - Energy Sector
At Staffline Recruitment we have a fantastic opportunity available for a Newly Qualified Solicitor to take up a new role within the dynamic legal team of a prominent Semi State body. Operating within the energy sector this role requires a candidate who enjoys working as part of a high performing team in a fast paced environment across a range of legal matters. The successful candidate will join a small, professional in-house legal services team supporting the business in delivering the organisation's group strategy.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide legal advice to the business, on a wide range of complex commercial, contractual, corporate, procurement, planning, environmental and regulatory matters
- Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements
- Advising on financial security requirements
- Advising on the regulatory framework within which the business operates and managing disputes
- Instruct external legal advisors as required, and manage relationships with such advisors with a view to maximising value for money and minimising overall risk
- Maintain a confident knowledge of the energy and renewable energy sectors, policy and industry trends, and contribute your knowledge within the team
Interested applicants will meet the following requirements:
- A newly qualified or junior solicitor
- Experience working the energy or infrastructure sectors will be desirable
- Experience working for a regulatory body will be desirable
- A proven track record of proactively organising and managing high workloads
- Ability to effectively deal with a wide range of complex legal matters across a variety of legal fields
- Demonstrated experience in some of the following areas: Procurement, Commercial Contracts, Regulation, Planning and Environmental, Infrastructure Projects, Commercial Litigation, Data Protection and FoI/AIE.
- A Team player who can support and be collegiate with others in delivering company Strategy and objectives
- The ability to provide sound commercial and legal judgment and to provide legal advice in clear and concise terms that is accessible to the recipient
- Excellent attention to detail and be highly organised and efficient with an ability to manage multiple priorities and ensure deadlines are consistently met
This is a permanent position that will offer a generous salary and benefits package. The role will be based in Dublin 4 with hybrid working options available.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in being considered for this position, please send a copy of your cv for immediate review to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment vis the enclosed link. For more information or to confidentially discuss this role, call Laura directly on 086 1409232.