FULL TIME (PERM)
Hours of Work: 11pm-7am.
* Shift patterns to include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and statutory holidays or other holidays.
* Full list of conditions in Terms of Employment and Employee Handbook.
* Complimentary meals on shift.
* Discounted gym membership.
* Free uniform provided.
* Discounted staff, friends and family rate.
* Continued training and opportunity for career progression.
* To present a professional and courteous attitude, to include professional presentation of uniform and hygiene ensuring staff are doing the same.
* To supervise a team of night porters in the absence of the night manager and to ensure that the morning staff are ready for duty.
* To be familiar with the entirety computer system and to reconcile reports and balance against cash received, Printing and distributing reports for the next day to the relevant departments.
* To ensure that all function areas are checked and set up correctly for the next day's business.
* To attend to all customer requirements, with special emphasis on early morning calls, paper delivery and bar/room service.
* To service rooms when required.
* Handling customer queries and complaints, ensuring to record and report accurately and escalate where applicable.
* To regularly carry out hygiene, security and maintenance checks, to include public areas/accommodation floors/entrances/exits/fire exits ensuring the latter are free from obstruction. Recording, reporting and resolving any hygiene, security or maintenance issues in the hotel or on the hotel grounds.
* To comply with all Safety Rules and Policies and Procedures as outlined in The Employee Handbook.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities the post holder will be required to undertake, any other reasonable duties will be discussed and directed by the night/duty manager.
* Previous experience in a similar role within hospitality, with experience in supervising/managing a team.
* Must be customer focused.
* Must be extremely organised, with the ability to make intelligent decisions when faced with competing priorities.
* Excellent at both verbal and written communication, with great interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.