Night Support Worker
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Night Support Worker to start ASAP for a duration of 6 Months (initially)
Hours: Average of 37 hours per week over a 3 week rotating shift pattern
- Good interpersonal skills, with an ability to support colleagues, young people and families
- Ability to form lasting professional relationships
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to motivate and enable others
- Demonstrate creativity and a drive to see things through
- Flexibility and capable of performing a wide variety of tasks
- Ability to reflect on practice, to want to learn and to learn from others
- The post holder will work as part of a dedicated team to take responsibility for maintaining a safe and secure environment for young people and staff during night time hours.
- Night Support Workers will assist the night care team to provide high quality care for young people in custody. Applicants will be expected to bring qualities and attributes which contribute to the overall effectiveness of the night care service.
- Night Support Workers will be expected to be active in their supervisory duties and in carrying out specific instructions as directed regarding the supervision and monitoring of young people to ensure their safety.
- To participate in handover meetings, team meetings as required.
- To liaise with other staff in the Juvenile Justice Centre in order to ensure the needs of individual young people are identified and addressed.
- To ensure the upkeep and maintenance of fabric, furnishings, equipment and supplies within the Centre.
- To undertake administrative tasks and all forms of record keeping and report preparation as required by management.
- To liaise closely and work with Night Care Workers throughout the Centre. To act as a member of a staff team supporting colleagues and receiving support as necessary.
- To provide additional support and comfort to young people under stress.
- To assist in the provision of good quality physical, social, domestic and emotional care for young people. This will include participating in practical tasks within the unit to contribute to the health, safety, security and operational running of the unit.
For Full job description, please submit your interest.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland