Nursing Home Administrator
|Salary||£10 - £10.02 per hour|
|Published||about 1 month ago|
|Contact email||Sharon Quigley|
Job Title: - Nursing Home Administrator
The Client: Given on Application
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Role: To provide administrative support to the Home Manager in accordance with the Company's Four
Core Values of:
- Resident Comes First
- Complete Professionalism
- Open Communications
- Team Work
Daily / As Required:
- Answer telephone, transferring calls where necessary to relevant person or taking and passing
- on messages.
- Provide a welcome to visitors and direct / introduce them to the relevant person if necessary.
- Ensure Contractors are signed in to the building and that they sign the appropriate Register.
- Ensure the Home Manager receives all enquiries in relation to placements in the Home by
- potential Residents, their families, Social Workers etc.
- Always ensure Residents' register is up to date.
- Print and update room occupancy and fire records.
- Open and sort mail, issue Residents' post and ensure Nurses receive all hospital, medical or
- associated correspondence in relation to Residents.
- Complete any social security forms as and when received.
- Record incoming and outgoing mail.
- Provide correspondence support to Home Manager, typing letters and completing forms as
- Manage monies received from families and on behalf of Residents, ensuring it is stored securely
- and lodged in the bank at the appropriate time.
- Manage monies in Residents' funds and record all activity, ensuring that all relevant
- documentation is signed.
- Manage petty cash and ensure that signatures / receipts are always recorded.
- Forward invoices to Accounts Team at Head Office.
- Distribute to the relevant person in the Home (Manager or Nurse) any correspondence received
- by Fax or E-mail which relates to Residents.
- Design and display notices require for Residents, Relatives and Staff at the Home.
- Check payroll information provided by employees' "fob-in" times on the Careblox system and
- make any alterations approved by the Home Manager.
Weekly / As Required:
- Prepare and send report on agency use to Head of HR.
- Prepare and send Recruitment Update to Head of HR.
- Prepare and send Occupancy Report to Operations Manager.
- Input to Careblox system, information required by Accounts Team at Head Office to process the
- monthly payroll.
- Ensure Careblox system is updated with information on absenteeism, annual leave etc.
- Update records required for Head Office in relation to maintenance work carried out on site.
- Forward to Head Office, P45's and Commencement Forms on behalf of New Employees.
- Forward sick lines to Head Office.
- Forward Maternity Leave, Paternity Leave and any other documentation relevant to an
- employees' salary or Statutory Benefits to Accounts Team at Head Office.
- Check NISCC (Northern Ireland Social Care Council) Register to ensure all relevant employees'
- registration is current and valid.
- Check NMC (Nursing and Midwifery Council) Register to ensure all Nurses' registration is current
- and valid.
- Bring to the Home Manager's attention any deficiencies observed in NISCC and NMC Register
- Send Petty Cash reconciliations to Accounts Team at Head Office
As Required for Recruitment:
- Ensure New Starter Forms are completed on behalf of new employees and approved by the
- Home Manager.
- Create Personnel File for each new employee using template.
- Order uniforms for new employees.
- Use contract template to issue employment documentation to new employees and ensure that
- all appropriate paper work is completed.
- Issue and record lockers assigned.
- Support new employees (if required) in their registration with relevant bodies.
- Send application packs to persons who enquire about vacant positions.
- Set up spreadsheet for each vacancy, applying file reference to each application for each
- Arrange shortlisting for vacancies with Home Manager.
- Arrange interviews as required.
- Ensure all appropriate recruitment correspondence is completed and recorded on the vacancy
- Request references on behalf of candidates, using template.
- Offer jobs to successful candidates, using template.
- Process applications for Access NI Clearance on behalf of applicants
Admission of a New Resident:
- Ensure initial enquiry taken from hospitals or Social Workers are brought to the Home
- Manager's attention.
- Print admission form, service user agreement and arrange for resident or nominated person to
- Complete blue book for registration.
- Add Resident's name to all relevant lists.
- Print file covers etc; Take photo x 2 of Resident; Print name tags for Residents' name board and
- room door; E-mail head office with details of new Resident and forward admission form.
- Open Resident's personal money account; Update Sharepoint with Resident's details; Add
- Resident's details to Careblox.
- Stationery and Supplies:
- Ensure supply of stamps is available.
- Maintain stocks of stationery to ensure that essential documentation is available;
- When required, order gloves, aprons, wipes, drinking cups, various care supplies as requested by
- Care Staff, Nursing Staff or Manager.
- Scan appropriate Incident Forms to RQIA and relevant Trusts.
- Complete Trust Adverse Incident Form and forward to Trust with incident forms.
- Print off all RQIA Inspection notices and notifications and inform Manager of same.
- Print any QIP documents received and contact RQIA for password and complete with manager as
- and when requested. Forward completed QIPs to RQIA within time schedule and file
- Add all new staff to training matrix.
- Update matrix with training performed in-house and externally.
- Liaise with Home Trainer in relation to training attendees, dates and times.
- Once training is arranged, type training notices and display throughout the home.
- Keep up to date copies of training content and certificates relating to same on file at reception in
- Employee Training file.
- Provide evaluation forms as required for training carried out in the Home.
- Print two training certificates for each member of staff and file one in Employee Training Folder
- and one in Personnel File.
- Archive internally, files of Deceased or Discharged Residents within 1 year.
- Archive externally in approved storage facility using approved equipment, all Residents' and
- Office files which have been archived internally for one year.
- Archive externally all former employees' files in line with GDPR Legislation and in line with
- Employment Legislation.
- Type meeting agenda.
- Attend and take minutes at meetings when required.
- Maintain accurate and professional filing systems.
- Ensure confidentiality and security of all documentation.
- Manage Careblox system and report to the Home Manager, any discrepancies caused by failure
- by employees to fob in as required to record Time and Attendance element of the system.
- Process invoices on Careblox
- Record fire alarm check
Not a remote role.
Hours of work: 9 to 5pm
- At least one year's experience in an administration role
- Strong administration skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office systems
- A high level of confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- The flexibility and willingness to learn
- To enjoy working with people
- Tact and diplomacy
- The ability to work as part of a team and individually
- The ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
- We pay an hourly rate of £10.02
- Holidays 28 days plus bank holidays PA
Why use Staffline? We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button. DERSL