NURSING HOME MANAGER
|Published||about 1 month ago|
|Contact email||Angela Hughes|
NURSING HOME MANAGER
9AM - 5PM MONDAY - FRIDAY
£47,500 per annum
Situated on an elevated site in Glengormley, Co Antrim, my clients fantastic facility enjoys panoramic views of Cavehill and Belfast Lough. The home offers person centred nursing and residential care in a homely environment for the over 65s and can be on either a permanent or respite basis.
My clients philosophy is simple, we want everyone to live life to their full potential. We always remember that our residents come first and treat them with the dignity, privacy and respect they deserve whilst encouraging them to retain their independence.
The home has an activities coordinator who organises individual programmes daily to suit the needs and wishes of our residents. Residents are encouraged to join in with activities such as quizzes, sing-alongs, reminiscence therapy, indoor games, arts and crafts, baking and trips out and about. Events are organised throughout the year to coincide with special events on the calendar and external entertainers are a regular occurrence. We also have a pet therapy dog who visits weekly.
Our kitchen staff prepare three nutritionally balanced meals a day and menus reflect seasonal produce. Special diets such as coeliac and diabetic can be catered for. Hot and cold drinks and snacks are always available and guests may share a meal with their relatives if they wish.
NURSING HOME MANAGER
Working Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.
1. Quality care of residents
- On-going support of a flexible pattern of daily living, supporting residents' freedom of choice while maintaining their privacy and dignity.
- Ensure a good level of stimulation and varied activities for all residents tailored to their preferences with evidence of good diversional therapy; organisation and active contribution to social events for residents.
- Support of emotional and spiritual needs of all residents and at all times aim to optimise their quality of life, empower residents where possible and encourage their family and friends to take greater involvement in the quality of their care thereby promoting quality of life.
- Development of in-house systems for quality assurance of nursing care. Ensure good standards of hygiene are adhered to in all work and residential areas.
- Ensure effective systems of infection control and wound management are in place.
- Ensure an effective system for accident reporting in the Home.
2. Management of staff
- Supervision and support of all staff including nurses, care assistants, kitchen, domestic and other ancillary staff to ensure the highest standard of resident care.
- Preparation of an efficient weekly rota, ensuring adequate staff levels, including bank staff, and an adequate skill mix. This duty rota should be planned in advance to allow for costing by the administrator.
- Encourage maintenance of staff morale and development of a good rapport with all employees.
- Conduct quarterly formal staff meetings and holding of informal meetings as required.
- Identify any training needs for staff and address these accordingly. The Nurse Manager will show a commitment to the continuous professional development of nursing staff and other key workers.
- Assist the proprietors in selection of new staff in accordance with statutory requirements and best practice under Equality Commission Legislation
- Ensure adequate induction and training of all new staff and to provide on-going in service training
- Perform regular appraisals of staff.
- Take full responsibility for the implementation of the Home's Disciplinary, absence and sickness procedures.
- Ensure regular instruction on fire prevention and equipment in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work (N.I) Order, 1978.
3. Compliance with the RQIA
- Comply with nursing legislation and standards of care required by the R.Q.I.A
- To ensure that the Home excels in all Inspections by the R.Q.I.A, both announced and unannounced.
- To fulfil any new requirements of the R.Q.I.A. within the specified deadlines.
4. Liaison with Senior Team
- Work with the Senior Team to maintain the excellent reputation of the Home. The Nurse Manager will cultivate a good working relationship with the Senior Team by means of both formal and informal reporting systems.
- Ensure full occupancy and monitoring of all aspects of purchases and stock control to maximise profitability of the nursing home. At all times working to the Home's agreed budget.
- Notify Senior team of annual leave requirements / maternity leave requirements or other leave requirements.
- Fulfil any other duties which the Senior Team consider necessary.
- Maintain Senior Team's confidentiality at all times.
- Work closely with company central office staff in relation to required financial management on a monthly basis to include payroll and budget variance etc.
5. Liaison with administrator
- To provide information relating to hours worked and payments due for the compilation of the monthly payroll.
- The Nurse Manager will work closely with the administrator at all times and have a good awareness of their clearly defined duties.
- The administrator reports to and will work closely with the nurse manager to ensure smooth and efficient running of the home.
6. Storage and use of medicines
- * Adhere to policies for medicines management in the nursing home and ensure an adequate system of safe storage of all medicines in the nursing home is maintained.
- * Ensure adequate systems for administration of medicines to residents.
- * Ensure systems for drug ordering and administration are efficient and appropriately documented.
- * Liaison with the community pharmacist, pharmacist proprietor and local GPs to promote effective medicines management so as to optimise therapeutic outcomes from medicines for all residents.
- * Review of resident drug kardexes with pharmacist proprietor to promote quality pharmaceutical care for all residents.
7. Health and Safety at Work
- * Support of the administrator in all aspects of health and safety procedures in line with legislative requirements imposed by E.U. directives, Fire Authority, Environmental Health, Health & Safety Executive and Department of Environment.
8. Other duties
- *Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Senior Team to ensure the efficient running and continued development of the Home
Registered nurse with NMC on any field of nursing
5 years post registration experience
2 years in the last 5 years working in a similar field of nursing
2 years in the last 5 years working at a management level ( band 6 health service, deputy manager, clinical lead, sister or charge nurse)
Previous experience of managing a care home
Knowledgeable regarding RQIA regulations and standards
Experience in selection and recruitment of staff
Access to a car and full drivers licence
- 28 days annual leave, equivalent to 5.6 weeks
- Company pension scheme
- Detailed induction and ongoing paid training
- A positive team culture
- PERKS Discount Cards
Please forward your CV to Angela Hughes at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Angela on 02890 242824 ext 404 / 07826064920 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.