OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSE
|Published||7 months ago|
|Contact email||Angela Hughes|
Purpose of the Role
The Occupational Health Nurse (OHN) will practice within the workplace and contribute to the health and wellbeing of the employees within our client and will provide exceptional care in an environment where quality, respect, caring and compassion are at the centre of all we do.
- Develop and review occupational health policies and procedures, in line with legislation and business requirements,
- To liaise and develop relationships with key personnel
- Be conversant and comply with relevant health and safety legislation particularly awareness of legislation and best practice in those areas of occupational health surveillance that can impact on health and safety overall
Welfare and Rehabilitation
- To recommend rehabilitation or restricted or (adjusted) duties programs to facilitate a return to productive employment.
- To highlight potential capability issues.
- To provide information and advice on any health issue to employees who require it and refer to other health professionals when appropriate.
- Working with Human Resources department, to provide effective support to employees on sickness absence, or have a medical condition that could affect their work performance.
- Provide advice on ergonomic and pregnancy risk assessments on employees within their work area
- To design health promotional activities highlighting relevant health issues, creating a healthy workforce. (smoking cessation, healthy eating, stress management, exercise, mental health awareness).
- Liaise with departmental managers on healthy workplace initiative. Health Assessments
- To design and perform medical/suitability assessments for existing or potential employees, highlighting any health issues that may impact on long term capability to fulfil job function and to comply with relevant legislation.
- When necessary involve/refer to the occupational physician and departmental managers.
Skills & experience:
- Must be a Registered Nurse with up to date (NMC)) registration.
- Experience working alone and as part of a team.
- Familiar with OH practices, policies and procedures, i.e. pre-employment, return to work, absence management, immunities.
- Computer and administratively competent.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
Please forward your CV to Angela Hughes at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Angela on 02890242824 ext 404